New Seagull Silence Twister

Paul Marsh

For a couple years, the Swift Aerobatic  team have been displaying at Weston Park. I really like the Twister, as it looks like a modern spitfire, same wings, small size and quite aerobatic.  

I was hoping a kit manufacturer would make one. Now they have - Seagull Models are bringing one out. COOL!!!

I want one, now!

Edited By Paul Marsh on 23/10/2011 11:26:04

Advert

You might also be interested in GreenAirDesign's Gadfly.

It was designed to be, if I remember the conversation, as if there had been a lot of bits of spitfire left over and someone made an open cockpit "sports" version from the bits.

Plummet

(I do hope they are still doing the kit. )

Greenair who? Never heard of them.

Just trying their website, probably a UK based operation, due to the website "being exceeded bandwidth" and no "gadfly" links/information. :therefore: Fail!

Going to get the Seagull one. Wish they hurry up, says delivery September. Nothing, yet.

I've seen them regularly at the shows. They used to do the Replikits.

I have just had a look at their website, and it has had a major makeover - which is a good thing because their old website was as clunky as hell and gave minimal information.

I have also searched for the Gadfly, and not found it, which is a bad thing.

Ho Hum.

Plummet

Posted by Paul Marsh on 23/10/2011 13:54:59:

Greenair who? Never heard of them.

Just trying their website, probably a UK based operation, due to the website "being exceeded bandwidth" and no "gadfly" links/information. :therefore: Fail!

Going to get the Seagull one. Wish they hurry up, says delivery September. Nothing, yet.

Paul, perhaps you need to increase your broadband download allowance .

I have, I did. Now on sky broadband. wasn't it anyway; It was the host site, not my own ISP that was giving the message. Checked now and it's ok.

As you said, there is nothing on the Gadfly. Won't be as good as the Seagull model, though.

I already have a nice and new OS 95FS-V. Would be right in the middle, specifying a 90-115, so a 95 is ok.. Just need to buy 9 servos, in ready-ness when it arrives.

Hi Folks,
Just saw the posts. Just to let you know GreenAir Designs is operational. There was a major crash of the website a short while ago that has been fixed. All of the product lines are available, and if not on the main website can still be ordered by emailing them via the website

Adrian

Greenair have produced some excellent models - vfm and good quality. Your lack of knowledge of them is your loss Paul believe me.

BEB

PS Paul you might like to consider completing a few details in your profile - nothing desperately detailed or personal - just an idea of your modelling experiences etc. It gives folks some idea of who they are talking to . Its also useful if you ask for advice for folks to be able to judge the level of your experience and so pitch their comments appropriately.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 23/10/2011 23:23:25

Isn't the Twister a scale-up from the old Simprop Silence model.
If so we have the strange situation of someone making a scale model of a full size aeroplane scaled up from a rc model!

Edited By Andy Ennis on 24/10/2011 02:39:21

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 23/10/2011 23:17:39:
Greenair have produced some excellent models - vfm and good quality. Your lack of knowledge of them is your loss Paul believe me.

I do most shows and read a couple of mags. If I've never heard of them - it's their loss. Obviously something wrong with their marketing strategy - or lack of one.
For example, are they ardvertised here, or on "another forum". Nope. Oh dear...

The Seagull Model it definitely is. Anyone else fancy one?

Edited By Paul Marsh on 24/10/2011 18:46:11

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be flying it at the Weston park show. As the full-size Twister team are there, will make a good follow-on slot, or relevant model to the show.

the retracts are mechanical twist n' turn type, as the model hasn't arrived, no pictures.

When the model does come and gets built, will use this thread as a build blog, and finally the first flight. Watch this space...!

Make sure RCM&E gets a review model ASAP, as I reckon this is going to be the seller of 2012, for sure. people like Spitfires, DB Sound commented on this pretty aircraft that it looks so much a Spit.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 20/01/2012 18:07:31