Ebay sellers...

Advert

Well anybody selling anything relented to our hobby has not got a chance with all of us Meercats keeping watch. Everytime this thread pops up I have to read it as it makes me laugh so much.

I love some of comments you all make. Makes me cry with laughtercrying

Mike

I pointed out to him when they were £110 that how could they be advertised as priced to sell when you can buy them from hobbyking for nearly half that,

just got a cocky " Thanks, I know where to source them cheaper now" as a reply,

im wondering why would he need to source more when he cant sell the one he`s already got ! ha ha

Some ebay sellers have real strange ideas, can't find them now, but last week there were quite a few listings by the same person, he was selling wings and fuselages seperate, you'd have a listing for a fuselage and in a seperate listing you'd have the wings, not sure why he would do this, surely a complete airframewould generate more interest?

Also, the De Ag Spitire has been relisted with the same starting price, wouldn't mind betting he's put a reserve of around £750 on it.

Edited By Andrew Jarvis 1 on 05/11/2012 10:41:16

Posted by Olly P on 05/11/2012 14:09:58:

Hmm...I have a couple of old kits going spare.....

unfortunatly, nothing rare....

I don't think that bothers some sellers, they'll happily put rare or vintage in the title and listing knowing that there are some gullable people out there. I've seen an SC 46 which looked like the current version, advertised as Vintage.

Peter

I am afraid that I think there is some loss of both perspective and values, by anybody who will pay the levels of money that you have indicated, for old kits.

What is special? These kits came in very ordinary printed cardboard boxes, the balsa was nothing special, the die cutting lacking the precision and sharpness of laser cut material of today, the plans are available from many sources currently.

With respect to plans, recently, on two occasions, I am aware of at least 8 large boxes of plans of model aircraft from early to relatively recently, being sent to the tip. The remnants of the modelling equipment and artefacts of two members who have died.

Just over a week ago a used MP Jet .040 diesel went for £107. At old Warden in September Flitehook were selling new ones for around £50 ?????????????????????

Guess that says something about the buyers as well.  Perhaps its a red mist that blocks out everything else as they concentrate on the kill.

Edited By Alan Randall on 05/11/2012 20:30:05

Posted by Peter Miller on 05/11/2012 14:03:48:

...but I have a feeling the Slicker is over priced.

Yes and no! The "value" of anything is just what somebody is prepared to pay for it. In this instance there are four people bidding - though two of them seem to have dropped out at around the £60 mark.

Is the kit "worth" £400+? Of course not! (IMHO) But if two people with deep pockets are both desperate enough to have it then the price will keep on going up. Personally I don't see the point, and I read a magazine article some while ago about one of the big model store owner's personal collection with a mixture of amazement and sadness. Amazement that he had collected so much old modelling gear, but sadness that none of it would ever be used for the purpose it was manufactured but was destined just to sit on a shelf for ever more. Still, if that's what floats yer boat...crook