Ebay sellers...

Advert

Hi Pete i think its shocking what you can find on ebay, im very new to it and still dont like it, i dont like all the fake items and people saying this is the last one, once i get my item out the way then thats it, i prefer my sheets of balsa and my imagination , its ashame that alot of people especially mums and dads thinking there getting a bargain for xmas but ripped off, people without souls and with alot of greed is what i tend to call them,

Scott

Posted by Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 29/11/2012 22:51:53:

Glad to see you got the word "vintage" into the description there Scott.......always worth a few quid extra that....teeth 2

Yeah i was hoping thats £10 right away, then another £10 for adding " restoration", my first selling ad and my last, im not a fan of ebay and never will be laugh

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 03/12/2012 02:01:58:

What about this one ?

Not only does a 'brand new unopened box' have TWO videos of it flying, the price in sterling is over twice the dollar price

Oh and somebody should tell him the only similarity between a Mossie and a B25 is they were both WW2 and had two engines surprise

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 03/12/2012 02:03:01

Be fair! He only says that it is a follow on from the B-25 kit, not that they are similar.

Not sure if it is the same kit as oen of our members got at the NATs for £99.

Then had to change most of the servos because they didn't work and the U/C wouldn't work and was weak.

Posted by malcolm woodcock 1 on 03/12/2012 09:14:36:

'Spitfire'!!!!! Oh unbeliever, this is the rare, round winged, radial engined, vintage 'Spitfire' so must be worth twice the price.

You probably know that the Americans built our E.E. Canberra as the B-57 with stretched wings etc and they built our Harrier with suitable mods for the Marines.

This is the American licence built Spitfire. Of course Americans preferred radial engines and found the elliptical wing abit too hard to build so this is the North Curtiss Mk 56 Spitfire

Posted by Peter Miller on 26/11/2012 18:23:11:
Posted by Paul Marsh on 26/11/2012 09:13:12:

Why on the whole earth would anyone buy this? Not been used, but missing main bits of the engine+needle, and a silly asking price for £100!!!laugh

Ebay  link

He's reduced the selling price and postage drastically. Still borderline value, though.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 03/12/2012 09:38:03

Can't blame the seller for this one, but just look at the price that this ED BEE is at the moment and the auction is not over until tomorrow.

The BEE was the first engine I ever bought, it was about 1960 and I was still in school. Can't remember the price now, but it was bought with save up pocket money, so it would not have been very expensive. Wish I had kept now together with the box etc if this is the price you can get for one.

LINK

Just for info. The stock pictures used in these ebay offers are from Banana Hobby in the USA and show Pete Young who does all the promo videos for BH. Apparently they have a really bad customer service record. The ebay seller based in China offering misdescribed items that seem too good to be true; probably are! I noticed they are also offering fairly comprehensive Mig kits. 99p starting price and free postage. My guess is that this would definitely be a gamble so only bid if you are willing to lose your money.... or maybe you'll win a bargain. Who knows for sure. Just my 2p worth.