Ebay sellers...

When looking to what's about on eBay, why do I have to plough through pages and pages of plans and magazines that a couple of idividual posted? I obviously don't object to that selling them both why on earth do they post amongst the Aeroplane/Aeroplane section? There must be a more appropriate place.

Mutter mutter.

Yes it gets me too Andrew , do people actually buy a 2 page engine review torn out of an old mag? Especially with so much information available on the web.

Peter I have 3 sellers locally who sell drone , helicopter, and general bits that take up so many pages you have to de select the "new" option.

Posted by Andrew Price 2 on 19/01/2016 18:56:47:

When looking to what's about on eBay, why do I have to plough through pages and pages of plans and magazines that a couple of idividual posted? I obviously don't object to that selling them both why on earth do they post amongst the Aeroplane/Aeroplane section? There must be a more appropriate place.

Mutter mutter.

Hi Andrew, If you want to exclude items from your search, in the search box put a minus sign in front of the word you don't want to see. If there is more than one thing you want to exclude, then put brackets round the words and separate them with commas, like this:

-(drone,quadcopter,helicopter,magazine,article,review,plan,plans)

Once you have got enough things eliminated that you have sorted out wheat from the chaff,and set your limits, e.g. max price, radius from home or country(ies) that you will buy from, you can save the search by clicking the green 'Follow this search' in the middle above the first listing displayed.

Here is a typical search of mine that is running in 'Toys & Games', which is looking for a Phoenix Comet. Co-incidently there is one on now, but at the wrong end of the country and its collection only... sad :

(comet,af629) (aerobatic,phoenix) -delta

Its worth searching the whole of 'Toys & Games' as some people list stuff we want in 'Radio Controlled' and others list in 'Model Kits'.

Robins tip is a great one that I've employed in a few of my searches. I've got one favourited for any aeroplanes within 50miles of home and was sick of the same plans and tools coming up so done as above mentioned to delete certain results.

Baz

Hi Justin, I asked much the same question a few months ago on another forum. The answer is that trade sellers have to pay each time they list something and it takes a while to create a new listing.

As a result, what a lot of trade sellers do when they run out of stock but are expecting more in, is they just put the price up to something ridiculous until the new stock arrives. Then they drop the price to what they expect they will sell at.

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 23/01/2016 22:02:57

Posted by Robin Colbourne on 23/01/2016 22:02:13:

Hi Justin, I asked much the same question a few months ago on another forum. The answer is that trade sellers have to pay each time they list something and it takes a while to create a new listing.

As a result, what a lot of trade sellers do when they run out of stock but are expecting more in, is they just put the price up to something ridiculous until the new stock arrives. Then they drop the price to what they expect they will sell at.

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 23/01/2016 22:02:57

Ahh........ Thanks Robin, that would make sense .