Selling a 'found' item

NigelH

Advert

I'm fairly local and have alerted my club members (some of whom fly at a club much nearer to the model's location).

It just occurs to me that Pawnees don't glide very well (I fly the big ones), it's usually gliders that fly away and get lost.

Hate to think it but I wonder if this was 'found' in someone's shed?!! All speculation and hopefully there will be a good ending.

Has anyone asked this person direct questions?

GB

Posted by Spice Cat on 01/01/2012 22:30:27:
Steve W-O,
Sorry to hear about your expirences, I can't answer for West Mids. Unfortunately many crimes will now be dealt with by telephone reporting where the emphasis seems to be on logging the call rather than investigating. This is the result of senior management action and not the actions of individual officers on the front line.
It's easy to knock the Old Bill but you are more than welcome to come out with us on patrol and see what we actually do each day. And the amount of time and personnel we have to expend dealing with issues that are not really our job but some bright spark up top sees it as a good promotional tool.
Regards.

I'm not knocking any individual, from the conversations I have had many think the same as me, but as an organisation, they are not up to standard.

I spent 7 years as an active reservist, and a further 3 years in "municipal police" with a sergeant and 12 officers under me, so I have a rough idea of what goes on.

Posted by Gary Binnie on 02/01/2012 01:23:16:
I don't see anything amusing about it.

I didn't write it was...... that wasn't me on at 1:17.... thats slightly weird.... Sorry everyone!! I'll chase up what has happened

Posted by ken anderson. on 02/01/2012 10:42:06:
time for the Mods to step in and take control me-thinks..

ken anderson ne..1 Mods dept.
Agreed.

There are a number of posts that are potentially libellous in this thread, which need removing, for the sake of protecting RCM&E, it;s publishers and the staff responsible for the administration of this forum.

just had a reply from the seller, yes, they did find it--in the road, no, they have not informed the police, or made an atempt to hand it in, they have claimed they have given an honest description, i have informed them of the theft by finding bit, and suggested a more legal way of doing things, its up to them now, on reflection, patmac has a good point, string them up and to hell with it is not good enough, it could so easy have been the other way, they could have done it the legal way, but, they havnt, lets hope they help themselves by doing t the correct way,

I see the item has been withdrawn and I am sure that he will do the right thing now as a result of the friendly advice from this forum. Good on him.

If the rightful owner does not come forward and the seller has an opportunity to offer it again, then good luck to him

Pete

OK and that would seem to be a good note to end on.

BTW I have reveiewed this thread and I at least am happy there is nothing actionable here. True a lot of folks have expressed strong views - but I am content that they are expressed as just that - views, opinions. And people are entitled to express an opinion on here as long as they do so reasonably and politely within the terms of CoC.

I'll lock the thread now.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 02/01/2012 12:11:50

Hi All,

I have just briefly reopened this thread to pass on an update that Alan received from the seller. While the seller had made no attempt to find the owner, he has now taken the sensible path withdrawn the item and taken it to the police reporting as found owner unknown. Below is a quote from from the seller in correspondance with Alan:

"Hi , I have taken to the police station ,but all closed up for the holidays, I will take it back there as soon as it opens,I have had a lot of mails about this ,some like yours which are very fare ,but some just rude.

if I get it back i will relist it but will ensure I go through the correct channels ,I honestly thought I had done nothing wrong.

Regards Sean."

So, all's well that ends well. And a good job by Alan who approached the seller in a supportive way and strongly advised him of the dangers of situation he had inadvertantly put himself in.

The seller did report to Alan that he had received other emails about the sale and that while some of them, like Alan's, were friendly and offered constructive advice, some were described by him as very rude. I'm not suggesting that they came from folks on here its just an illustration of the fact that a friendlier approach is often more sucessful!

BEB