Sandwiches; Cut diagonal or across?

Spice Cat

Advert

Mines a Chicken,( touch of lemon, a little Tabasco) , some crispy bacon with Avocado , a hint of Mayo, black pepper and some salt between two slices of brown bread accompanied by a nice bottle of chilled dry white wine (have been watching tooooooooo many cookery progs)

Wish Discovery would consider screening some more R/C progs . Spoke to them some while ago to complain about too many fishing progs and asked if they would have some R/C orientated episodes - they didn't seem to be particularly interested!!!

I'm genuinely.... Shocked! Gobsmacked! Amazed! Disorientated! Bemused! Flaberagasted!

DIAGONAL?????!!!!! smile o

Now a few nancy southerners cutting their butties diagonal I suppose I might of expected,....but even there I wouldn't have expect it amongst modellers. Shock -  horror!

DIAGONAL??? - what next chaps? What not go the whole hog? "Cucumber sarnwitces" cut diagonal with the crusts trimed and Earl Grey in a dainty China cup. Have you all turned into Lady Bracknell?

I've just got this vision of you all sitting in your workshops sipping the tea with your little fingers daintily extended!!crook

Well - up 'ere we have 'em cutt proper. Across - anything else just won't do.

Extra mature cheddar, finely chopped onion, a little Branston Pickle on the side washed down with either a good ale, a glass of a nice fruity red or freshly made strong black coffee depending on the mood. And cut across! smile p

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 02/06/2012 17:48:05

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 02/06/2012 13:20:51:

What a load of rubbish!

Buy a half cooked garlic baguette and cook in the oven and cut lengthwise or break into pieces .Just add Marmite and eat with a pint of real ale .Hmmm !smile p

No wonder you ended up in hospital. wink 2

Crusts Off?

I was a member of another club - not aeromodelling - and we were running a show. We were making loads of sandwiches to sell to the visitors.

It was our first year helping. The crusts were taken off each loaf, and were to be thrown away.

We took the crusts tore them up, added a dit of egg, milk, spice and dried fruit, baked it, and sold off lumps of bread pud to the upunters.

The next year someone rang up to ask if we were selling bread pud again before he decided if he were going to come to the show.

So cut crusts off if you must, but use them. (I.E. Cut them off before you add the filling. Egg Mayo and tuna + sweetcorn and cheese bread pud would not be the same.)

Plummet