Are you in love with one of your models?

I am hopelessly in love with my MP Dog Fighter. Good looking, fine lines, exciting, always look forward to getting together.

This got me thinking - even though I do not live in the USA Mid West...

If you could marry one of your planes - which one would it be - and why?

Advert

Flew my JP Pretty glider in the wind on Sunday and really enjoyed myself. Had hours of fun with this machine, just wished it was half the size again. A real gap in the market for something around 2.5-3m not made out of foam, and not costing 300 quid plus like most of the composite missiles which I've seen.

Got a couple of thermals with the buzzards as well which was a bonus. Probably the cheapest plane I own, but been a favourite for a while.

Cheers,

Simon

i hurt my loved on, i treated it badly, and now it lies in intensive care, when its recovered from its intensive care stint, i hope it still performs for me, and our relationship will continue, but love is fickle, and already, another is beckoning, it may be too late for it already,

what a daft thread, planes my TA152 by the way, yest, it was that goodsad

Interesting stuff.

Vecchio is a serial monogamist.

Brian is unable to commit

Spice Cat is searching for aesthetic perfection

Concorde has never quite got over his first love

Tony Bennett has not lost his heart in San Francisco, but just wants someone to bumble about with

Alan is facing up to the realisation he may soon be losing a loved one.

Keep them coming!

Edited By FunnyFlyer on 19/06/2012 08:16:33

i'm most definatley head over heels in love with my TN spitfire even though she's just a pile of wood and a box full of the necessary parts to assemble her.

i did love the trainer i've built but that got dumped when the postie brought the spit home,but i'll pretend to be interested and string her along till i don't need trainer anymore wink

I find it's more noticable when I don't fall for one.. Mostly because it fell short of expectations.. The 4ch Minium Piper and 3ch Edge, for example, even tho the 3ch Citebria is ACE..

More recently, for no good reason, I haven't bonded with my UMX Sbach..?! I really wanted it too.. !

Its a superb flyer, way more advanced than the Miniums, but I just pass it by when i'm picking summut to fly.. I've got an Edge foamie, and an E-flitre Extra, so I do like aerobats... ? It's even the best lookin bat in the hanger... Don't figure..??

Doesn't help i've got the new UMX Carbon Cub, which is getting alot of time in, and uses the same set of 3 Lipos as the Sbach...

I think, my No.1 love has to be my Heli.. Scale and VTOL just rock my world...

My Edge shockie is at No. 1.0000001 tho.. It represents everything I enjoy about flying, except the scale.. No.2 is the Carbon Cub, which does a bit of both..

The 75% complete CH750 build is gonna be a top three too, if she flies as expected..

My 1/9 scale Landy (Defender 90) is also right up there, after overtaking the Pajero it replaced.. ...

As said already, love is a fickle husband.. He wain's and wanders..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 19/06/2012 17:13:13

I am of course... My first Sharkface EP will never be forgotten... So beautiful, nice to fly... As my first one finished its life on the tree, I have built another one, with Cox Golden Bee up front. Today I did last adjustments, programmed radio, if weather allows - maiden tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

The current one is quite ok, but covering is a bit strange, horns are different, everything isn't like used to be... So EP has a special place in my heart foreverheart ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page....

IT is a toss up between two.

For lower wind speeds, i.e. up to 12 mph it has to be Harlequin.

For stronger winds or when I feel the need for speed I prefer Minnow

minnow static 1 007.jpg

Minnow takes off and climbs vertically out of sight on an SC 32. It will do anyhting that you can. Does somne of the best landings that I have ever achieved. (Not saying much!)

Based on the highly modified Cosmc Wind Minnow.

Edited By Peter Miller on 20/06/2012 08:15:03

I still get a huge kick out of my own Clean Sweep.

Yes, its light weight means that it's a bit disadvantaged in a stiff wind, but on a gentler day it's great! Flies like a much bigger model, and looks quite distinctive in the air!

tim

Anyway, my partner, Netty, was so enamoured by it that she built her own.....

Could be a breeding pair, eh? Perhaps we'll hear the patter of little spats in the not-too-distant future!