Pick a plane 2008!

lets have a change from the run of the mill and have something a bit more challenging. i've always fancied the p-61 widow, but either of the three would be great, lets have something different.

here are my three choices, prefeably to suit up to two .30 4 strokes. 

1.p-61 black widow

2.p-38 lightning 

3. dakota

Advert

Well I am sorry Graham, That you have said Goodbye, NOW look  at what the "Whirlwind" has to offer, Twin engined, Graceful lines, only a few built(112 of them,only 2 squad's) Can be as fast as you want it to be,outstanding "presence" on the ground, a straight forward wing plan,AND most of all, one that does not get modelled often ( unlike Spits, Hurries,Furies, Mossies and  P51s, [ dozens of plans for all of them] ), comeon "Chaps" think outside of the "square". Think about  it,.......... sunday morning , you arrive, open the tailgate, reach in, take out the "Whirlwind", place it on the ground,  straight away, your "mates" say, " WHERE DID YOU GET THAT KIT FROM", Proudly you answer. I built it from a Plan from RCME, a plan by  Tony ( the master designer) Nijhuis,................ WOW ........... SO VOTE ONE  Whirlwind,    Barry

Hello  to everyone! i'm daniel from malta and i'm a new comer in this forum. seeing this thread i had the temptation to have a go, so here i am with my suggestions for the next plan in the rcme magazine.

since tony nijhuis revealed to have a great tallent to produce excellent scale plans for the newcomer ,it would be nice maybe to have next a nice ME109E for a 60 size I.C engine, seem that these me109's arent so popular out there. i'm i wrong? would be up for a challange MR nijhuis?

also it would be nice too to see finally a nice russian warbird ,how about a YAK3??

next maybe would be also in consideration for a sport model ,but some how close for pattern aerobatics too.  60 size I.C also , so what about a nice DALOTEL ?

well i hope maybe tony or someone in the rcme see my ideas

thanks

Well Graham, it's the least I could do, for "lover of the "Whirlwnd" ( VOTE  1  Whirlwind), I see David has sorted the problem out. Perhaps you or someone,(even "WInchy" from Aus.[ I assume he reads this]) "Q"-- by rotating the cam gear 180 deg's on a OS40/ or any other Four Stroke, will it run in opp. direction. Yea I know what "boffins" some of you are,(if the cam lobes are the same "going up" as "going down)??????????    Anybody !!!!!!!         Barry  

Barry,

Go Brushless, swap any pair of motor wires (2 of 3) and it will rotate opposite hand (go Backwards) biggest issue as always is props, but torque roll etc.... isn't a problem with ducted fans so you don't need to reverse them....something else with electrics theCG doesn't move as you use fuel and aerobatics etc.....that is unless you're into quantum physics......

Here is my list;

#1 Douglas Dauntless, 180 cm span for glow or petrol. Everybody needs one....

#2 Bolton-Paul Defiant, 170-180 cm span for glow or brushless. Extremely rare bird.

#3 Northrop Gamma, big one, maybe 2,2 meter span for glow or petrol (or very expensive ´leccy setup). As a welcome step away from the usual stuff.

And please no more small airplanes under 160 cm span. Haven´t we seen to many already? And please design them for both glow and electric setups. I, for one don´t want the complicated `leccy stuff.

And no twins and whatnot´s, how many do you think will actually build ém?

I am almost finished with the Typhoon by the way, with a four stroke of course.

David

I guess you are running some sort of data base or spread sheet to organise the results?

If so, is it possible to pre-print the leading contenders, which i think will polarise the votes. This may be a good thing?

I still remain concerned that all the same planes are being voted for, I note many others have this concern!

I hope the winning model is one that will be built and not some oddity such as a Spruce goose or overly complex design such as the HP Victor (perhaps the most beautiful of the V bombers) with its variable sweep back (constant Mach, Arado wing shape I believe) and circular body.

Please keep it real!

Erfolg

Mr Erflog,Perhaps David will correct me, BUT, the Plan will be of the most amount of votes given to it. It may seem a odd way of doing things, I think it's called " First past the Post"   the more people vote for ONE plane , that will be the plan that will be "drawn up" and built by Tony N." the better chance of it being the winner" as for the Areado or some obscure plane, it WILL NOT HAPPEN, IT is A "readers" choice. --GOT IT--. So if you want a Twin for the "FREE " plan -----VOTE one---- WHIRLWIND, Westland of course!!!!!!         Are you for real????. Thanks Barry

Barry

I do appreciate that it is in principle a first past the post race. Yet many of the suggestions now coming in do not stand a chance. There are a small number which appear time  and again. I thought it might be beneficial to consentrate peoples minds (those still eligible to vote) on those that stand a chance.

Unfortunatly (in my opinion) the Spitfire and Hurricane will always appear on the list. As many people have observed the planes have been done to death.  I wonder if Tony N would realy want to build another version?

I think you misunderstand me, I would love a Victor to win, or similar concept. Yet 4 fans and the complicated shape would make the model expensive in hardware and a long build. A Wirlwind would potentialy suit me as would many others. All I beg, is that the model is a practical build and for me not to large.

As for the Arado, it was a throw away observation of how German technology ended up on one of our best aircraft. No real point being made. I was not putting any of the Arado Lightning versions forword.

Erfolg