Where are they?

Stephen Grigg

I was sitting pondering when I started thinking of missing people on the RCm and E latest posts.Of course I know Gemma Fairchild and her teddy left us after winding everyone up ,and one of the most memorable posts was from Dave BEB himself a man larger than life .but one missing person is Andy Watson last seen trying to come up with a way to get his Vulcan to take off.Another guy I enjoyed reading was Ross Clarkson ,miss him also.There are others that have disappeared and I cant remember there names,its a memory thing yo know.

Advert

I've noticed over time that folks "fade in and out". I guess its all connected with other things in their lives. Maybe they don't have as much time in front of a PC as they did? And also, the forum is a bit like a soap opera - if you come here regularly you get to know the characters and where the "story line" is going. But if you have an enforced absence - maybe due to work committments etc. - you can "lose the thread" a bit and it can seem hard to get back into the rythym.

For whatever reason, new folks come in, and are very welcome, a few old faces bow out - and we miss them. But then they reappear - a bit like a missing sock! - to be welcomed back with tales of new adventures etc.,....smile

BEB

I have been with this forum since the very first day, I moved house, changed club secret and handle for a little anonimity. I miss some of the old regulars, some went onto another site of course. I started using the local library computer but that was not great success, time limits, noise etc.So I am now connected to the internet at home again and you might hear a little more from me in future.

Hi , Andy Watson and i are both members of the same club .And i can tell you that he is in the middle of a house move at the moment and so he will not be building anything for a while yet , as most of his projects are on the larger scale . And he has the added worry about storage of his existing models plus how to transport them from one hose the the other .

Rest assure he will be back , no doubt with some new project .

Ps i don't think the Vulcan has flown yet .

Well it's nice to be missed!!

I have done a little lurking recently, but as far as flying goes I don't think I have done any this year- certainly none since March.

There are a few reasons for it really. One being a prospective house move- I wish we were in the middle of it, but the house is on the market and since I don't want the hassle of moving a part built airframe, and I don't know what storage I will have in the next house (although the other half has accepted a workshop as "essential", I would rather wait and see. I am also concious of the fact that my builds have been a bit on the big side- and I think I need to reign in my ambitions! I have also managed to get a couple of builds in my queue that- to be honest- I am not that excited about. Maybe I just need to bin them- the bipablast 2 and a seaplane biplane that I agreed to do for personal reasons, but to be honest looks like I might never get to it.

Other reasons abound as well- work has been very busy- we were visited by OfSTED this year in my department, which was a lot of work and the students seem to need an ever increasing amount of support. I have also started playing poker again, which means my nights are taken up- so it's harder to get out during the day.

Probably the main reason though is young Oliver. He is 3 now, and brilliant. I want to spend as much time with him as possible whilst I am the person he would rather be with than anyone else. Building and flying planes comes a long way behind chasing round the house with nerf guns (I don't know how I got that birthday present past the girlfriend) or making jam tarts or fighting with cushions.

And the flippin Vulcan hasn't flown (or even had the markings painted on).

Fantastic to hear from yoy Andy,enjoy that boy.Hope the move is successful good luck with it all.

My ex wife wrecked a holiday in Disney and my youngest at the time always was saying "Carry".My wife kept saying "why do you carry him.I turned and said " one day he will be to big and wont need or want me to,so Ill enjoy the mopment whilst I can".He is now 24 lives with me ,and Im still carrying him,financially that is,but make those memories Andy,modelling can come later when he is glued to computer war games like mine.

I don't post much, and thinking of stopping altogether. Seems my postings get completely ignored and the subsequent posts just go on, as I wasn't there. Feels like the girl from Buffy V.S (Season 1 Ep.11, Marci Ross) , who was ignored and actually disappeared from sight.secret

Edited By Paul Marsh on 24/11/2012 15:55:43

Paul - Simon is right. Just because a post isn't explicitly referenced to doesn't mean its isn't read or that it isn't noted by folks. Maybe a lot of what you say is good common sense and most folks simply agree - it still needs to be said.

I tend to find that the posts that attract the most attention are often times far from being the best or the most well informed - maybe that's exactly why they attract so much comment!

BEB

• 4 years later...