Show us your workshop!

Ernie

Advert

Feeling like a very lucky boy - my new workshop is now insulated, boarded, skimmed and only needs a lick of paint, some flooring, hook up the electrics and then work out where to fit everything. It's the old garage attached to the house, 8m x 3.5m, with drainage and hot and cold water available in the far corner. Cheap uPVC windows and french doors too - should be cosy. Door through into the house, into the room that will be SWMBO's art studio.

workshop 002.jpg

workshop 003.jpg

There's another detached single garage, a 12ft x 8ft shed and an 18ft x 9ft greenhouse, so should be able to keep this free of non-modelling stuff. Just need to work out how best to organise the storage, workbenches, lathe, maybe a milling machine, 'library' area, etc.

David

I wonder if a Mod could have a look at the way that the three videos in Cyclicscooby's post on the previous page are set up?

They stretch in the vertical on an iPad and oblitererate most of the posts below so that you can't see the pictures.

It appears to be something to do with the video dimensioning - the aspect ratio looks wrong in Safari on a Mac too but here they are a bit squashed in the vertical dimension.

I only ask becasue its such an interesting thread! [Happy for this post to be deleted if a Mod looks at it - thanks]

heres my man cave, all i can say is build it bigger then you need as you willsurprise

also i have fitted a pully system in so i can store 6 1/4 scale up in the hi part of the roof

photo118.jpg

photo112.jpg

i have pull out benchs under the main work bench

img (4).jpg

I built a woodwork sanding room on the side

img (6).jpg

img (3).jpg

my main shed is 10x6m the hanger is 6x2.4m dust room 5x2.4m

All very impressive gents!

My bench is a little more humble - just a 3 metre worktop really.

Here's a couple of pics from today's Pre-Season Fettling session.....

The Blackburn B2 and Hawker Cygnet in for a checkover.

img_2079.jpg

The BUSA Nieuport 28 towers over the current Citabria Pro project.

img_2081.jpg

tim

Edited By Tim Hooper on 09/03/2013 21:07:47

Tim, you told me at Ashbourne you only did one job at a time. There are two models in both your pics smiley. But it all looks incredibly tidy compared to mine. I took these just a few minutes ago. One from each end. The Murphy FM radio dates from about 1958 and still works once the valves have warmed. It'sa bit of nostalgia, really because I used to service them in the factory service department when they were the latest thing

The picture of the Wright brothers on the wall in the 2nd picture was bought at Kitty Hawk itself.

workshop 1 2013.jpg

workshop 2 2013.jpg

Geoff

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 09/03/2013 22:41:42

Posted by Mike Gunn on 09/03/2013 22:54:05:

Your workshop looks nice and cosy Geoff. I love the feeling of being surrounded by my fave stuff and who needs a heater when you have a valve radio...lol

Nice one.....Mike

Thanks, Mike. I probably spend about 70% of my time in there when I'm at home. I'm either reading or working on something. I was brought up living behind the family radio & TV business and there was a huge workshop, so I got used to the idea from birth. Mine's tiny by comparison and I built it as an extension to the house not long before I retired. It's a lot warmer than the garage though my wife didn't mind me building bikes or bike wheels in the house if it was cold - especially if it was her bike or the wheels were for her.

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 09/03/2013 22:41:24:

Tim, you told me at Ashbourne you only did one job at a time. There are two models in both your pics smiley.

*pedant alert*

Actually, Geoff, I sus pect I told you that I only work on a single project at a time. And that's true; the Pro is current project and the other models were just in a for a quick medical!

Love your workshop!

tim