Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

My only correct prediction were the number of cars to finish and pole position. Made up a few points on bonuses. Well done to all those who understand the technical bits more than me to score more points.Don't worry Gary, we will make a last minute dash for stardom.

John

iqon

At the last race I was bottom, so i would not rely on my predictions.

I came very close to not bothering after Monaco, on the basis, it is not a race, just a qualification exercise.

IMO it really has become boring. The power advantage of Mercedes is the cruck of the issue. Did any one else read about the materials restrictions. As is usual supposedly to level the playing field with respect to engines, although apparently favouring the team with the deepest pockets.

By the end of the season I will have sunk much lower, much to my annoyance.

Excellent result Erf, well done!😁
I missed the race, being on the road heading towards the Old Country since the weekend.
Very relieved that my 2nd string drivers and teams picked up plenty of points, otherwise it would have been a disaster. I think it's the first time I've ever had NO correct predictions! 😭

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 04/07/2018 13:53:26

Hot on the (w)heels of Austria, it's time for the BRITISH GRAND PRIX! And so, the customary reminder,

Don't forget your predictions!

And I wonder if Pete can make it two weeks in a row with no correct predictions! face 20

Mixed fortunes in P1 and P2, so maybe some will change their predictions after P3 tomorrow? Anyway, best put in a "banker" set of predictions now, in case you forget tomorrow - I'm off to do exactly that right now!

Indeed not, iqon! It was certainly a more eventful race than the race we were all expecting. That was quite a comeback for Lewis to get 2nd after being last following his lap 1 incident.

As yet there results aren't up on Fantasygp.com. As soon as they are (if it's before about midnight) I'll post them. Otherwise it will be tomorrow - lunchtime if I get a chance to from work, if not, early evening.

The results are now published, so here is how we scored today;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Pitts Specials john stones 163
2 GASTON Formula Chris McG 155
3 PSS Power Flyer 150
4 Revers Racing Pete B 144
5 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 136
6 iqon racing iqon racing 135
7 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 134
8 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 129
9 Essex Racing Tony Clark 112
10 VBT Racing Yorik 100
11 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 94
12 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 93
13 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 88
14 teewrex John Tee 88

Top scorer today is John S with 163 points, followed by Chris with 155 and Flyer with 150.

Well done John!

So the overall table now looks like this;

Pos Gain/loss Team Manager Pts
1 0 PSS Power Flyer 1412
2 0 Revers Racing Pete B 1388
3 +1 iqon racing iqon racing 1363
4 -1 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 1359
5 0 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 1328
6 +1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 1318
7 -1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 1282
8 0 Pitts Specials john stones 1270
9 0 VBT Racing Yorik 1185
10 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 1179
11 0 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 1175
12 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1168
13 0 teewrex John Tee 1051
14 0 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 1037

Not many place changes today! The top 2 remain the same, but Iqon moves up a place to third at my expense. And Chris moves up to 6 with Tony moving down a place to 7th. All the rest remain the same.

Next up is Germany on July 22nd. I'll be in Canada for that, and also for Hungary the weekend after. I'll be 5 hours behind (Ontario this time) and not sure what sort of visibility I'll have of the races, but I should be able to publish the results as usual - even if I end up doing so at 5am UK time!

Nice one, John Sthumbs up

I actually managed 3 correct predictions this time - the 2nd safety car cost me one....

I think I must have played another 'Get out of jail' card again this weekend - I thought I was on for about 120 points, so the result was a pleasant surprise!

Slipped another 6 points away from Flyer so must do better in Germany.....smile p

Pete

Just back from Silverstone. Had seats opposite Ferrari and Red Bull. what an experience, and I thought my team had blown it big style.

Well done John, and everyone else.

I'll post up a pic when I get round to it!

Cheers

Ade

• 2 weeks later...

Here we are again... don't forget your prediction, gents.

In my case I'm a bit 'lost' as the last statistics from 2016 are a bit outdated.

I guess the news of the day is Hamilton's 'stay' at Mercedes. Well, there weren't any doubts, where there???

Now the silly season can really 'start off'...

I think we should have some 'summer predictions' of driver switches during the upcoming pause... ?

Cheers

Chris

Afternoon all, from a hot and sunny Kingston, Ontario...

As Chris reminded you yesterday'

Don't forget your predictions!

I've no idea how practice has gone so far, I'll probably be doing my predictions "blind" - I'll be en route later today for the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum and hopefully a flight there tomorrow afternoon. teeth 2

I'll post the results from the Niagara Falls on Sunday!