Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Here you go:

New for 2019, cars can now also score Bonus Points. If you have Williams as a team and they start 19th and 20th on the grid but make it to the finish in 15th and 19th respectively then that’s an improvement of 4 places for one car and 1 place for another car, so 5 places all together and a 5 bonus points. Cars only receive 1 bonus point per position improved

I see that the number of free changes during the season has been reduced from 8 to 6....sad

Pete

You can upgrade your membership to Pro or Pro Elite, which gives you more functionality and vastly increased number of changes during the season - 40 for an Elite member.

Rather upsets the level playing field I hope our league would abide by, particularly as I see there is now an option in your profile to hide your upgraded status....face 22

Pete

I too would be tempted to upgrade, Robin, for the fun of it but, with my track record, no-one would ever believe I was playing it by the book...teeth 2teeth 2

It's a matter of honour - if you agree to not gain any advantage over the other basic players, then that's good enough for methumbs up

ISTR John mentioned this last year and one of the players (Charles Pic?) was happy to confirm he'd be observing the basic limits re changes etc.

Pete

Thats good with me, I just looked it up and its 6 normally and then 10 points per change, but 40 for elite, so a possible saving of 340 points! That does feel a bit unfair.

I'm happy to shout when I go beyond the 6 initial changes and have my 10 points deducted in the league spreadsheet if nothing else!

Also: No adverts for pro, bliss!

r

... I'm just here for fun as well, so +2 for Ade & John S.

I just noticed we're just 12 of us so far this season.

As I would like to try to remain in the top half of the pack, I guess I must have a 'strong' briefing with Gaston, the Team Manager.

By the way, I sill have no idea how to choose cars & drivers so far... Possibly even more complicated since the Barcelona 'sandbagging'...

Cheers

Chris

Posted by McG 6969 on 11/03/2019 17:53:53:

... I'm just here for fun as well, so +2 for Ade & John S.

I just noticed we're just 12 of us so far this season.

As I would like to try to remain in the top half of the pack, I guess I must have a 'strong' briefing with Gaston, the Team Manager.

By the way, I sill have no idea how to choose cars & drivers so far... Possibly even more complicated since the Barcelona 'sandbagging'...

Cheers

Just pick your favourite colour.smile p

Edited By iqon on 11/03/2019 18:55:27

It was the 2017 season and the 'pro' team then was "Bernies Big Brown Envelope" managed by "serepton"

Personally, I would be happy to pay (a little!) to fantasygp to help them out and to ditch the ads, but not to gain an advantage in the game. It's disappointing again that they have increased the benefit to pro members in the game rather than just removing the ads.

But I think we're all here for the fun of it. Well, we must be, there's no prizes! Other than personal glory, and I'm sure nobody here would want to win by using an unfair advantage.

So I am happy to accept that anybody who does opt for the pro membership can still compete in our league but on the understanding that they will not use the benefits of the pro membership - or if they are 'forced' to do so then they will declare it so that 'adjustments' can be made...

Now then, I still haven't picked my team! And time is running out... crook

Robin - thanks for the link - though there's a 'w' missing in the URL!

I hadn't seen that until now, looks like a good idea to me, also good that it's only available to those finishing in the top 10 - clearly to stop a 'no hoper' swapping near the end of the race to quali tyres and putting in a 'banzai' lap to grab the point.

Yes John, the front wings seem narrower and more compact than before.

I watched Magnusson following Norris very closely in the stadium section towards the end of the lap for a couple of laps and thought he was just trying to hassle the youngster.

However, he said later that day that he'd been assessing whether the changes had improved the ability to follow a car closely and he was very positive. Bodes well for the season if it lessens the problems in recent years. where a following car had to back off to get around the corner....

Pete

Pete - I only heard the sad news about Charlie this morning. Such a shock, and a big gap to fill... Read the tributes to him from the drivers and teams if you haven't already.

Anyway, moving on, it's time for the familiar reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

And don't forget to pick your team if you haven't already done so! I only picked mine last night. We have unlimited changes until Bahrain.

And if anybody was thinking of entering but hasn't done so yet, then please do so now! The more the merrier - and the better chance we have of preventing Pete winning again. smile p

Lewis was fastest so far, but many say Ferrari were holding back. Quali is at 6am UK-time tomorrow and the race at 5:10 am on Sunday. Looks like Channel4 are only showing it recorded in the afternoon, so for the sake of those without Sky, please no discussion on here until after the Ch4 showing - thanks!