Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Crikey...

i know what’s going to happen in these races in my mind, and then the race happens and it’s completely different indecision

Ah well, I’ll just admit I’m not good at this and if I can serve some purpose by making those ahead of me feel better, then I’m ok with that! I really enjoyed yesterday’s race in any case, lots of mini battles going on, even if the TV director wasn’t great at catching them. RIC vs HUL is going to be a fascinating situation this year, if the Renault cars stays working long enough for them to do battle.

LEC seems to have no chance in this, his first season in Ferrari, as they will have him jump out of the way as soon as he’s seen to be impeding VET.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris!

No, I'm not on holiday... that's not until July. I've been at work all week (must give that up one day!)

So, it's been a rather hectic day at Baku from the accounts I've read, with FP1 being cancelled almost as soon as it started and plenty of drama in FP2. Ferrari look to be strongest, but I think I'll be ready to change my predictions after FP3 just in case!

If I've got the maths right qualifying is at 2pm UK time tomorrow, with the race at 1:10pm on Sunday. As usual this season, terrestrial viewers don't get the race until later, so please no spoilers until Ch4 have broadcast their highlights.

And I'll end with a reminder of the reminder...

Don't forget your predictions!

thumbs up

Posted by McG 6969 on 27/04/2019 21:55:26:

... that shouldn't be too far off, John. smiley

... I had a great quali score with 0 points after declaring LEC for pole... blush

Cheers

Chris

I thought Vettel would get pole, but put Leclerc for the win. Ho hum...

I'm slightly optimistic for the rest of my predictions. 2 out of 3 podium places, probably in the wrong order could be achievable, and I have a good chance that fatest lap (Lelclerc), number of safety cars (3), most places gained (7+) are all possible...

I think it's going to be an eventful race!

Not as many safety cars as I'd expected, but as the channel 4 coverage has now reached the end of the race here is how we all did today;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 PSS Power Flyer 180
2 Pitts Specials john stones 163
3 iqon racing iqon 157
4 Revers Racing Pete B 155
5 GASTON Formula Chris McG 155
6 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 140
7 AeroArrows Bondaero 139
8 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 126
9 Torque of the devil Stu 123
10 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 120
11 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 113
12 Essex Racing Tony Clark 111
13 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 105
14 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 101
15 teewrex John Tee 67

Top scorer today with 180 points is Flyer - well done! Second was John Stones with 163 points and Iqon third with 157.

Pete and Chris must also get a mention for only being 2 points further back.

So, up next, what does this mean for the overal table...

There are changes in all but 4 places today;

Pos Gain/Loss Team Manager Pts
1 +1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 609
2 +4 PSS Power Flyer 595
3 0 Pitts Specials john stones 592
4 -3 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 583
5 0 iqon racing iqon 576
6 -2 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 567
7 0 Revers Racing Pete B 553
8 0 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 521
9 +2 AeroArrows Bondaero 487
10 -1 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 477
11 -1 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 465
12 +1 Torque of the devil Stu 435
13 -1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 423
14 +1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 398
15 -1 teewrex John Tee 365

Chris moves up to top today, and Flyer's top score today moves him up 4 places to second. John S remains 3rd.

Robin's 10th place today means he slips 3 places to 4th. Kev is also moving downwards, with a two place drop to 6th.

Up two places to 9th is Bondaero, menaing I drop a place to 10th and Simon drops a place to 11th. Stu and Tony swap places, as do Charles and John Tee.

I'm off now to revise my team! I was going to after China, but later thought better of it... Not this time!

Next up is Spain and Barcelona in 2 weeks time.

Nice one, Adethumbs up

I made some prediction changes just before quali and regretted them afterwards, although it didn't turn out quite as bad as I had expected. Gotta stick with my first instincts in future and have faith in the metaphorical pin in the monitor screensmile

There's a gang of four of us heading down the road to Barcelona in a fortnight, so I'd like to think a bit of on-the-spot knowledge will help, but somehow I doubt it!teeth 2

Pete

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 28/04/2019 21:34:21:

There's a gang of four of us heading down the road to Barcelona in a fortnight, so I'd like to think a bit of on-the-spot knowledge will help, but somehow I doubt it!teeth 2

Pete

I think there's a rule somewhere that states there's a 100 point penalty for having "a bit of on-the-spot knowledge." wink 2 Obviously my "inside knowledge" from driving half the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montréal last summer doesn't count...

Enjoy Barcelona, Pete! I'm sure you'll post some pics as usual. thumbs up

• 2 weeks later...

I think John P decided to have a trip to Barcelona together with Pete & The Gang...

So, gents, don't forget your predictions...

Now Valtteri seems to need his winter beard. Anyhow he's 'reborn' this season.

Who's 'sandbagging' most? Dunno, but it seems the 'Silver Stars' had some major progress since the winter tests.

Not even thinking about 'Mission Spinnow' on Sunday... devil

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the reminder Chris!

No, I haven't gone to Barcelona, just been a bit busy...

I'm sure we'll see some photos from Pete in due course, and some excuses from him when he fails to predict the winner despite his "inside information" gleaned from being there... smile d

So, I've switched my team around, like I intended to do before Baku, so I'm sure we'll now a swing away from Mercedes as a result of my team switch. But what to predict?

Final practice is at 11am UK time tomorrow with qualifying at 2pm and the race at 2:10 on Sunday.

Once again, with no live terrestrial converage I'll leave the posting of results until after channel 4 viewers have seen the race - and please, no 'spoilers' until after the ch.4 coverage.

Oh, and once again - I've got to say it, haven't I! (even though Chris has already done so)

Don't forget your predictions! thumbs up

Greetings from a very sunny Barca. I've been a bit lax on the pics so far but will get a few this afternoon. I sacked one team after quali, we'll see if I was right.

John shouldn't expect too much from my inside info.....it hasn't worked!

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 12/05/2019 11:37:20

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 12/05/2019 11:38:06