Peter Miller asks what next?

Advert

Posted by MaxG on 26/03/2020 09:19:49:

What about an Edgar Perceval EP9 as something a bit different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6a9g6LOj5c.

Maxg

Two things.

1) it doesn't do anything and

2) it looks an awful lot like the Auster B-4 Ambulance which is a loteasier to build. (I am getting lazy in my old age!!!!)

Been flying thirty years plus, all ic. Would love to try a war bird, but have been put off by lots of things. IE, scale finishing, reretracts,washout, elliptical wings,canopies, correct colours, so called heavy wing loading leading to fast landings. Perhaps it's not possible, but a low wing loading, easy build model that looks like a warbird, built to fly with enjoyment when flying as a sports model. Cheers. ps I/c if poss.

If PM reference was directed at the QED, this picture may clear up the impression, which I think is due to the  camera angle etc.

I have built a Gee Bee model D (from a kit), which is quite heavy.

Having now built a few of PM designs, I have found them to be sound. In that they are not over weight, just the right blend of strength, they fly well, not overly difficult to build, are adaptable to builders own quirks to preferred methods of detail construction.

When I look at the QED. I see a lot of similarities with PM own models. Yes beauty is in eye of the beholder, for me it is the tubby fuz, combined with a plank wing that does it, particularly when combined with the heat shrink glossy type of finish (I have now seen two full size Gee Bees and boy do they shine, just like well applied film).

A good part of the attraction of the PM models stems from, not being an exercise in rivet counting, more emphasis on flying well. If that means a bigger wing, larger tailplane or even a slimed down fuz. so be it. A useful model is what is designed.

Edited By Erfolg on 26/03/2020 11:57:37

Edited By Erfolg on 26/03/2020 11:58:00

Edited By Erfolg on 26/03/2020 13:13:53

Posted by Peter Miller on 26/03/2020 09:30:00:
Posted by MaxG on 26/03/2020 09:19:49:

What about an Edgar Perceval EP9 as something a bit different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6a9g6LOj5c.

Maxg

Two things.

1) it doesn't do anything and

2) it looks an awful lot like the Auster B-4 Ambulance which is a loteasier to build. (I am getting lazy in my old age!!!!)

Peter,

The P-2 is definitley something you don't see modeled (at least by me). I like the proportions and the funky canopy. I'm guessing provision to install the battery further aft might be a good idea to allow for different power options. Would you include retractable gear?

To me the P-2 is a much better choice than the EP9.

Looking forward to seeing this project come about.

Cheers,

John McMakin

Posted by fly boy3 on 26/03/2020 10:59:54:

Been flying thirty years plus, all ic. Would love to try a war bird, but have been put off by lots of things. IE, scale finishing, reretracts,washout, elliptical wings,canopies, correct colours, so called heavy wing loading leading to fast landings. Perhaps it's not possible, but a low wing loading, easy build model that looks like a warbird, built to fly with enjoyment when flying as a sports model. Cheers. ps I/c if poss.

Well I believe that sometime there may be a MIles Magister coming. Mine but via a different scource.

There are quite a few Between the wars Warbirds that might fit your list.

Posted by Peter Miller on 26/03/2020 14:43:14:
Posted by fly boy3 on 26/03/2020 10:59:54:

Well I believe that sometime there may be a MIles Magister coming. Mine but via a different scource.

There are quite a few Between the wars Warbirds that might fit your list.

I plan to build your Werewolf Peter, it looks like a warbird fly boy 3.

werewolf.jpg

Thanks for the info lads, my next build is sorted now. Piers, I certainly have. Quiete a challenge to get every thing in due to the very narrow fus. I have few pics of the un assembled model if I can remember how to put pics into my album, then upload them. lol Thanks for your interest. Cheers   I  will open up another thread regarding the  FAS not to clog up Peters

Edited By fly boy3 on 26/03/2020 22:02:12

Edited By fly boy3 on 26/03/2020 22:21:07

FB3, if you decide that Werewolf is your next project Sarik are offering a 10% discount on all their kits and plans at present, just type in SPRING10 in the appropriate box when ordering. It will at least cover the postage, 'every little helps' as they say!

Of course that applies to anyone interested in a new kit from them during their 'isolation build'.