Brilliant service from modelfixings.co.uk

Advert

Been using M.F. for years.........wouldn't go anywhere else. Had a problem with a bad batch of cap haed screws.

MF replaced free of charge didn't want the old ones back. Checked out the next shipment for quality control. They are masters of customer care.........and you can tell I said thatteeth 2

Edited By cymaz on 21/05/2013 12:37:35

Am i the only one with a slight negative here then?

I admit i've never had any problems with anything i've ordered, always excellent service.

But a few months ago i emailed them enquiring if an item was available in a different size. Nothing, not a squat recieved back. About a week later i tried again. Still no response. Someone else got my business and modelfixings got a negative mark in my black book. Haven't been back since.

Posted by cymaz on 23/05/2013 06:42:19:

Phone them up, they won't bitefist

Thats all well and good if i can get to a phone to ring them during office hours.

Most of my modelling time is late at night when only the internet is open..... But surely that shouldn't make a difference, if they advertise an email address on the website it should be answered.

That said, it won't stop me going back again if i can't get something elsewhere, they just won't be my first port of call.

Another vote for them. Thier hex headed servo screws are excellent - I use them for everything!!!

HOWEVER I have used the larger version (3mm) and the head strips instantly.

But I've purchased allsorts from them. Excellent service indeed.

• 7 months later...

Seems they have a history of their website going down, judging by comments on other forums; the domain is still registered to them but the error message (403) is forbidden rather than page not found, which seems to indicate a deliberate removal of the page, possibly nefariously. Let's hope they haven't gone under.

Oh, has anyone tried ringing them????