Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Posted by Sheepish on 27/03/2020 21:12:42:

Hi Andy

I’m not surprised it was a beast, the original had a Super Tigre x15 and a very natty paisley nylon finish judging by the RM cover it featured on. I should think the OS 32 had twice the power. Definitely bicycle clips time.

Shaun

I originally asked in my local model shop for an OS25FSR for it but the owner said you don't want one of those have an OS32 instead they are the latest thing. I took one look at the original on the front cover of RM and thought that style of fabric was a bit 1970s so I covered it in Glosstex instead. Over-weight over-powered, what could possible go wrong.

zippy.jpg

well got this mustang profile nearly done thans to this lock down, might have not got done otherwiseblush .

Don't know what kit it is 52.5 inch wing span the instructions were not complete and very faided and moldy as been hanging aroung in a loft for about 20 years before given to me to do, i hope it flys

promustang.jpg

Posted by Andy Stephenson on 02/04/2020 11:43:50:
Posted by Sheepish on 27/03/2020 21:12:42:

Hi Andy

I’m not surprised it was a beast, the original had a Super Tigre x15 and a very natty paisley nylon finish judging by the RM cover it featured on. I should think the OS 32 had twice the power. Definitely bicycle clips time.

Shaun

I originally asked in my local model shop for an OS25FSR for it but the owner said you don't want one of those have an OS32 instead they are the latest thing. I took one look at the original on the front cover of RM and thought that style of fabric was a bit 1970s so I covered it in Glosstex instead. Over-weight over-powered, what could possible go wrong.

zippy.jpg

Hi Andy, that’s the cover!

My eyes where did Sean find that nylon👍

I have also recently built again from my 1980’s plan the 2m Algebra. Another good looking and great build. I can remember this one being flown by Sean at Sandown demonstrating the original F3b type routines.

I’ve run this on the Indoor Scale R/C models page on FB, but it’s come out quite well so I’ve put it here for anyone that’s interested. Bristol Scout “C” all Depron 29” span built from the Flying Scale Models plan originally featured in 2005 and given as a free plan in the December 2019 edition. Designed by Mike Roach. It weighs 180 gms all in with a 2S 320 mah Lipo. First check flights very good, takes off on 1/3 throttle, flies slowly and turns well on rudder. The unusual markings are correct, 1915 RNAS.349faca8-3282-497c-bb4b-e45454e7dc61.jpeg