Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

This Mirus 40 was donated to me many years ago by a friend who is no longer with us. Taking full advantage of the lockdown its the first to be prepared for flight when ever that will be.

New servos have been fitted along with a Webra 50, looking forward to blasting this around the sky.On to the next!

Stay safe

Rich

20200404_135011.jpg

Advert

Pushy Cat v3 , 2nd rebuild of the 2005 original, failed launch in Zero wind resulted in lawn dart, damage limited to broken wing mounts, recovered fuselage in Orange in bid to aid viability, the Matt black was stealth invisible.

47120b00-68a6-4a6b-abdb-232ae0fb2e01.jpeg

Hi Karl

Nice job on the build.

Made me feel very guilty, mine is still in its plastic bag.

Would like to know how you operate the ailerons. Been trying to work out a way of using the supplied torque rods, but the wing is just too thin. On an earlier thread you showed some in build pictures which showed a couple of square holes in the fuz just below the wing mount.

I'm guessing you mounted the servos there with direct links to the ailerons. How did that work out?

Thanks

Jeff

Another Spit. Brian? Have you run the motor yet because the one I had, also for a Spit., had to go back for a refund after the camshaft started to break up with less than two tanks through it. 2k revs down on the smallest recommended prop. as well.

Not had much luck with new motors lately, Lasers excepted.

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 08/04/2020 16:30:40:

John, have you run the SC yet because one I bought new last year for my Li`l Cub cannot be weakened enough at idle due perhaps to the idle needle being too short.

Hi Martin. Yes I have run it. Idle needle seems OK but had a job to get it started. The idle needle is nearly closed and initially carb' set to rich.. Still very little compression and can only start it with electric starter. Compression has gone up a bit with some of running. Once I got the carb' set it now starts fairly easily. 5% Laser fuel and O.S. "F" plug. When it does go it runs very well and fairly whizzies on a 10x6 prop.

Edited By John Wagg on 08/04/2020 16:49:08

Don`t really know about compression and starting because I now only use an electric starter. Mine has plenty of power for the model and the top end is fine, same plug and fuel as yourself. Phoned JE and got them to measure a new idle needle which agreed with mine. I can only think that my jet is too large. In the end I have drilled an air bleed hole, gradually increasing the size until the motor will idle for a good 30 secs.

Posted by fly boy3 on 08/04/2020 17:22:27:

Hi John, love this type of model, must be an age thing. Has it got a name ? Cheers

Hi, Yes it is an age thing. (a bit before my time) blush

It is a Quaker Flash - 1937 vintage. Was originally free flight of course but is a good subject for easy RC flight.

I got a plan of Ebay and converted it to 3 channel RC.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quaker-Flash-vintage-model-plans/153808667373?hash=item23cfb602ed:g:3~EAAOSwQF5eLCFg

There are kits available for it and also for other similar vintage ones.

Once sorted makes for relaxed easy flying on those calm balmy days of summer.smile d

Edited By John Wagg on 08/04/2020 19:18:30