Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

After weeks of trying to find inspiration I bought a kit!!!!! The Mantua Mini Kosmo.

I converted it to electric power and added Trailing linklevefred suspension units o the U/C

Now waiting for Monday which is forecast tpbe perfect for flying,

kosmo 001.jpg

kosmo 002.jpg

kosmo 004.jpg

With a 3000 3S battery the CG came out spot on and the weight is the same as that specified.

I am using a 4-Max 3541 1070 motor and an 11X5 prop for the first flight.

I have to say that the kit is very good indeed.

The plans are a littel strange.You getthe fuselage and complete wing at a slightly reduced size but a full size wing plan which you use for both wings.

The instructions are a little vague but completely understandable. One or two ares are a little uns=usual but iot does work well

You get the horns, hinges and engine mount and U/Cand a nice looking large fuel tank but no snakes or push rods.

Lazer cutting is good and everything fits well.

You get the engine mount and a thick plastic cowlwith mountingr brackets. Also a nice cockpit canopy.

Allup weight is specified as 1700 grams and mine came out bang on the nail.

I can reccomend the kit.

One thing to look out for. You get the nose leg of course. I managed to misslay the packet with the steering arm etc so I bought a new one.

When I was clearing up the jungle I found the little packet and noticed that although the nose leg is about 8 SWG the steering arm has a much smaller hole. Not sure if mine was a mistake but it is worth checking you steering arm when you get the kits.

I would put this down as a very small problem but worth mentioning as it could save you a bit of time

Posted by Chris Walby on 25/05/2020 21:52:06:

est.jpgChecked, noise tested and maiden, hardly any trim needed.Flies nice and I'll work slowly up to full rates and beyond!

Running two OS LA 46's

Edited By Chris Walby on 25/05/2020 21:52:48

I'll take mine today and give it a go.