Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Latest plane.. A mate and I, at our club had a challenge to make the smallest model based around the AP.15 hornet. So, 2 sheets of balsa (and some from the scrap box} and this is what came up with! 20 inch span /22 inch long /18 oz AUW. First flight was hairier than a badgers behind! Control throws only need to be a millimetre or two at this scale! 2nd flight still hairy and fast (seemingly when its this small) After 5 mins of flying the adrenaline had my hands shaking, set up for a nice straight landing with a cut at the last minute, perfect- cant wait for next weekend! gd1.jpggd2.jpg gd3.jpg

I built Ton Van Musteren's Corby Starlet to find a use for a motor I was supplied with by RBC Kits but which was too big. I had used it so could not send it back. Anyway, I chose a real colour scheme for this home built plane with an enormous cockpit, and decided to change it into a full cockpit with a full size pilot from Real Model Pilots - named Derek?

Anyway having put it together I am getting the same fault that keeps happening with an ESC. Suddenly some of the servos start misbehaving and not responding. This model it is the ailerons. I am wondering if my cheap Chinese Battery could be losing power under load? It seems to happen only with this type of battery I have bought. I am going to try Overlander Batteries which are good. Problem is I am a glider pilot and don't know what is a good make of LIPO?

Any ideas. The battery type is Floureion

AUW 65oz. The wing area is quote as 34dm - whatever that is which makes it 3.65973 sq feet or 17,76oz per square foot, which is respectable for a glider. Waiting for a chance to maiden. Will have to fix the problem of intermittent aileron unrelliabiltity? Your thoughts are welcome

20161231_095740.jpg

20161231_095756.jpg

20161231_095806.jpg

Tony, you're right, but actually six blades at present! It might finish up as four, I've got some testing to do.

Martin, I've used the JR591s for a long time and I know that in two models they were running on 6V, because I hadn't realised that they were meant for 4.8! I got away with it and in fact one of those planes still exists, although I haven't flown it for a year, perhaps I was just lucky.

Gents, this thread is intended as a showcase for forumite's new models, rather than a discussion thread on random subjects - may I ask that if you wish to extend the chat about a model you would be good enough to start a new thread in the appropriate section, please? smile

The models are certainly deserving of it - and it keeps this thread on-topic!thumbs up

I thank you....

Pete

ps A little bit of gardening done - a couple of posts moved over to Peter's thread here.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 03/01/2017 17:16:48

• 2 weeks later...

mite 3.jpgmite 2.jpgKind of an old/new model. Passed on to my dad from his mates estate, and then passed up north to me. A kind fellow member re tissued the fus back end for me. It has a copy Mills .75 in it which was ran up yesterday, now for a micro battery for the rx... need a calm day as its only wee

mite 1.jpg

Weight!. Baby varta is a full ounce lighter than the life. I fly the life you mention in my 1/2a mustang but just too big for this. For piece of mind I also use a ubec with the life, again more weight..Thanks for the advice though. Prop will be on backwards and compression off to a put put..balances well.. we'll see