Clever words that hide the fact you got it wrong :-)

Advert

Posted by Peter Miller on 04/10/2013 18:19:34:

An official phrase to decscribe a crash.

"Controlled flight into terrain"

I will find at least one offcial document that used it if anyone wants.

Well to be fair that describes a particular type of crash, not crashes in general. And its actually quite an accurate description!

It covers those cases in which an aircraft, for example, flies into a mountain. There was no "drama" before hand, the pilot was not "wrestling with the controls". There was no stall. There was no loss of function.

In short there was, as the phrase so accurately puts it, completely controlled flight - a mountain just happened to "get in the way" that's all. A perfectly reasonable description I think. wink 2

BEB

"But there weren't that many parts in the kit!", in the days before ARTFs.

It's also a well known fact that trees cause a distortion in the local gravitational field, never suffered myself but there's always a first time for everything.

Had a BTI* problem on Monday with my WOT4 foam-e, I thought they were supposed to be tough, they don't take vertical field re-entry at full throttle very well! Practising (trying to learn how to do) a slow roll, first phase top rudder, fine. Inverted down elevator, fine. Third phase, put the rudder the wrong way and dumped it in before my brain caught up with what I'd done. New one being finished off right now.

Anyone got a nice quick build design for a 300W power set and 9g servos?

*BTI, brain thumb interface.

Shaunie.

Posted by Shaunie on 04/10/2013 20:58:35:

*BTI, brain thumb interface.

Reminds me of the abbreviation allegedly used by IT helpdesks to record their diagnosis of a user's problem : PLBSAK. (Problem located between seat and keyboard.)

As for your BTI issue, you now understand why it's a good idea to practice new stuff "2 mistakes high"...

'Bin bag landings' are a speciality of mine (why I always keep one in the back of the car) as are 'conversion landings' (converting it back into kit form)

Or another favourite excuse is 'I was getting bored with that model anyway'

note to self... must try harder to keep them in one piece embarrassed

For example.....

Posted by Plummet on 05/10/2013 12:31:46:

Reminds me of the abbreviation allegedly used by IT helpdesks to record their diagnosis of a user's problem : PLBSAK. (Problem located between seat and keyboard.)

PEBKAC is my version

Problem xists Between Keyboard And Chair.

Plummet

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.