Chip Shop

Danny Fenton

Posted by Colin Leighfield on 12/05/2015 22:12:12:

Hi chaps. Due to being away for nearly three weeks, things came to a standstill. There's a load of catching up to do but the bit of spare time I had over the weekend was devoted to preparing the Seafang for its' maiden, long overdue. Tonight I've been screwing a HK Phoenix 2000 together, part of making sure that I've got a choice of flyable planes permanently available to help maximise my flying practice, badly needed this year.

I'll be back on the Chipmunk this week, it's coming on well now.

I have a P2000 Colin, the foam hinges got replaced with leaf hinges and the rudder needs a hinge at the bottom, flys well thoughsmiley

John

Advert

Hi Chaps, glad to hear you are still all "chipping" away. I am really sorry I haven't been driving us all forward but stuff outside of the hobby has really taken all my time. The Chipmunk hasn't been touched since before Easter. Unfortunately work has ramped right up too, so by the time I get home I haven't the energy to get any building done crook

Hopefully the work project, taking all my time, will be through the worst soon and I can crack on, until then I will have to leave it to you guys to keep up the enthusiasm.

I have had a mail from young David Ashers, our new Ed' he wonders if you lot would like to bring along the part built airframes to Greenacres? Any takers? Mine will be there for you all to pick holes in wink 2

Cheers

Danny

Posted by Danny Fenton on 12/05/2015 22:31:39:

Hi Chaps, glad to hear you are still all "chipping" away. I am really sorry I haven't been driving us all forward but stuff outside of the hobby has really taken all my time. The Chipmunk hasn't been touched since before Easter. Unfortunately work has ramped right up too, so by the time I get home I haven't the energy to get any building done crook

Hopefully the work project, taking all my time, will be through the worst soon and I can crack on, until then I will have to leave it to you guys to keep up the enthusiasm.

I have had a mail from young David Ashers, our new Ed' he wonders if you lot would like to bring along the part built airframes to Greenacres? Any takers? Mine will be there for you all to pick holes in wink 2

Cheers

Danny

I would need to get more work done on mine to make it better to bring, but it sounds like a plan to mesmiley

John

Hi all

Progress on chippy no 2 has been painfully slow. 4 weeks away in USA during March/April stopped all building of course. Since returning we have been struck down by a nasty bug which has had us struggling for nearly 3 weeks.

Anyway; the wing mounting to the fuselage has been done & I'm now making a start on the wing fairing. Not my favorite job. The best way is to try & keep the job moving, even if it's only 10 min a day.

Did have 2 nice flights with Chippy 1 yesterday.

Cheers John

Sorry guys - I remain on the naughty step - this is a result of bad use of time over the Winter and too many distractions! Now the house and garden is demanding attention and our first visitors arrive tomorrow, when they go we are staright off to Paris for a week in the camper for a treat Then a week at home before we go down to the Med (again) and Spain for SWMBO's birthday. Soon as we come back my eldest sister and hubby arrive followed by SWMBO's youngest daughter........aaaaaargh!!!! So nothing serious can be done until mid July when the workshop will be too hot most days..........

Haven't flown for about three weeks and not much chance in the foreseeable future.

I'll be there later in the year guys.

Thanks to Danny and all you guys for paving the way.

Terry

I am still plodding away on mine. Working on the rudder and elevator linkages (this morning and last night), but the next job is to cover the elevators and rudder and add some detail. At this time of year its a matter of fitting in with maintenance work and repairs. I'll get there, but I knew this would take a lot of time. Taking far more care than I normally would do on a build as I have a master watching over me instead of just the usual cavalier forumites..

Martyn

Not sure where all the time has gone, although been busy getting a lot of little jobs out of the way. None of them model related, still have got to the stage where most of my free time is available to hobbies.

Have now started to fly regular (weather permitting), so a few maintenance jobs on some airframes, legionnaire to fit radio and test run engine. May assemble an artf and get ready an acrowot.

Once I start building the chippy again I hope to make better progress.

SW

Good find David, and thanks for letting us all know thumbs up The sheets are only A4 and it is quite expensive, but saying that it is harder to come by these days.......

Woke up to the most glorious weather here I hope it holds for tomorrow and the weekend

See some of you at Old Warden

Hi Andrew. The IPhone, shows wet pretty much everywhere except Scotland on Friday, Saturday now showing a mix of cloud and sun, so perhaps ok. Earlier it was showing just cloud. I just looked at the BBC forecast and as you say, it doesn't show rain, so I'll believe that one instead!

I'm planning to go, though if the weather is decent I might do it on the bike instead of in the car.