What's flying over your house

David Pearce 4

Advert

I thought i would flag up that it is the Southport Flying Show this weekend.

I was alerted to the event by a very low flying Chinook that flew directly over our field on Wednesday. On return to home a bit later, to be told by my wife, that it had also flown very low over the house, one of those twin helicopter things.

I guess it was going into Warton.

The Vamps came over me in Wellingborough, heading toward Southport with just under 30 mins to go for their time slot. Multi radials this AM but I couldn't get out in time to see what it might be. Vamps coming back and heading for Duxford. Reds going home in nice tight formation! Lone Spit going East(ish). Not a bad haul! Last day of the Air Show season today I believe.

Posted by Peter Miller on 11/09/2016 18:43:26:

They also displayed in Jersey. Plus some very interesting aircraft including the old SAAB Flying Barrel adn a Wackett Boomerang

Great to se these flying.

Posted by Bravo Delta on 11/09/2016 18:13:52:

Could this have been the Vampires from the Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron that were displaying at Duxford over the weekend

Quite likely I think, certainly the T55 was an export/licence built version (see below).

There some history of recent flights of LN-DHZ here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ln-dhz/#afa10d0

A further search may well find the other aeroplane.

Posted by Dave Bran on 11/09/2016 16:29:22:

Two Vampires or Vampire and Venom?

Yep two vampires, with underwing tanks.

These two I believe, the one at the back being an FB52, also licence built:

Edited By Ian Jones on 13/09/2016 00:58:20

Light aircraft and para motorised thingise Typhoons and bbmf from raf coningsby have had the the reds over a few times did have thumper and vera over my roof very low heading for east kirkby before heading home and of course the ambicopter .chanooks DC 47 hercs you name it we get them.cool

Edited By Bernard Koussoulos on 13/09/2016 13:57:57

PM-Just send me a PM if you would like to see the rest of the photographs , some look very good, but I am not sure what camera my friend uses ?--he has just sent me details of this video which I may have seen before ?:

For flying enthusiasts --- enjoy---some talking early but when you get to the flying part it's good.

Now
here is an expensive photo shoot for a Commercial that has to be a
super high priced Commercial. Airbus paid the bill. They are really
fighting to stay ahead of American Aero technology. You’ll notice that the language for aviation worldwide is English.

For the last few days, I have seen a twin engined,radial engined aircraft, somewhat similar to a Lockheed, of some type or potentially mistaken for a Mosquito, until you consider the engines and it being a low winged monoplane.

It seems to be coming out of BAE Warton, does anyone know what it is?