What's flying over your house

David Pearce 4

Advert

Lately;

A400s circling night and day recently. Air trials, I guess. Chinooks + Hercs going over quite a lot, too.

Pitts, possibly local(ish) G-WHIZ judging by the practice routine.

And a Tornado, very low, under 1000', and very fast, and very loud, heading toward the Malverns.

Warm night, last night, so had a few windows open. Was watching the box, when I heard a familiar sounding buzzing outside - went out to find a camera equipped drone hovering about 50 feet above my roof!

We're in a quiet residential area, on the side of a hill, so I assumed it was being flown from the common at the top of the hill. I went up intending to have a "quiet word" with the pilot, but there was no sign of anyone up there, and by the time I emerged from the woods, the drone had disappeared. I can only assume that it was being flown from a nearby garden, but none are really suitable for the purpose.

It must have been quite low when I first heard it, to hear it over the TV - especially as my hearing isn't what it used to be (too many years standing next to unsilenced 2-strokes in my youth!).

Its no wonder drone operators are getting a bad name. The problem is, that knowing my hobby, my neighbours are likely to start looking hard at me........! angry

--

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly not quick enough to get my phone out but cycling along the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal the other week two Osprey V22 or MV22 flew over the canal basin and skirted just north of the Beacons at about 300ft.

The sound was terrific as all you could hear were the props.

First time I've seen one flying. 😊

Ooooooh !!! The Lancaster just flew over my house in Aylesbury Buckinghamshire ! It was heading south.

I've checked on the BBMF website, and it's at Blackpool Airshow tomorrow ? It's based in Lincolnshire, so what the blazes was it doing down here at 2pm this afternoon ?

Fabulous to see though, I was running around the garden waving and whooping like a six year old

lanc.jpg

Well, we normally have high flying Typhoons here. Plus a few Hawks, developing systems, coming into land, having been out at sea, or been over the Lancashire moorlands..

Today, late evening a low flying, perhaps 400 foot up, BAE Hawk flashed past. It is the Blackpool Airshow tomorrow and Sunday.

I am told that we will see Spitfires and the Lancaster.

It was a good event last year, as my wife and myself mixed with the throng of people on the promenade. There are some really good class bars now, not just the stag bars of old.

Were you here today.

The Lancaster and Spitfire flew directly over my house and I mean directly, I was just not quick enough to get my phone to take a picture. A little while later two groups of three Red Arrows did exactly the same.

I then took a walk to the beach, saw a Typhoon, a few acrobatic types, a Heuy helicopter and other stuff.

I guess you must have all been here, as i could not get to the bar at the Toby, directly by the beach. At least you could have let me know who you were. an absolutely great day here. I, went flying my models in the morning. We could see some aircraft making their way to the airport, although most arrived on Friday, from the activity. I was told some were at Warton.

Everyone who makes this a great event every year, can be proud of what they do and have my thanks.

Edited By Erfolg on 13/08/2017 17:13:02

Posted by Peter Miller on 13/08/2017 18:43:21:

Seen this for the last two SUndays. Registration is PH-DHA

Anyone know what it is??

Peter, if you had put the reg into Google a LOAD of references to that specific plane would have been shown, including the fact that in Feb of this year it had the nose landing gear collapse!