Hobbyking virgin ...

Well ... after all these years I can't believe I'm doing this ... but I've just placed my first order with Hobbyking UK Warehouse ... well at least I think that's what I've done... time alone will tell!!

I have to admit I've fallen foul to the attraction of their highly competitive pricing, I wanted a 1300mah 3S lipo and find that I can buy three including the price of P&P for little more than the cost of one at LMS ... I've chosen the 48 hour delivery option.

So ...watch this space it will be interesting ...there are many posts about great prices and superb service ... there are also posts about transactions going 'belly up' ... I wonder which route my first purchase will take ... at a total cost of little more than £21 I've decided I can afford to loose out completely, however if the goods do arrive then I'll be pleasantly surprised ... I will report back if/when goods arrive.

Advert

Here's my second experience of Hobbyking, after a first experience which led to the website taking payment twice for an order that never actually got sent and for which I ultimately got two refunds.

Ordered this glider from eBay, which actually turned out to be from Hobbyking, and was quite happy with it when it arrived, but on coming to fit the tailplane the tailseat proved to be 10 degrees out. Contacted Hobbyking and sent them the pictures and they admitted the item was faulty, but then closed the ticket and said that their Ebay team would deal with it. Have they dealt with it? A week later I've heard nothing. Won;t be doing that again.

I'm on my 61st HK order now, all mainly from the global warehouse, although I have used the Ipswich hub a couple of times with no problems at all and fast delivery. Only slight snag with the global warehouse is that the delivery times have become two to three times longer than they were originally because of the change to Malaysia Post for much of their shipping.

Posted by leccyflyer on 19/06/2014 07:27:57:

Here's my second experience of Hobbyking, after a first experience which led to the website taking payment twice for an order that never actually got sent and for which I ultimately got two refunds.

Ordered this glider from eBay, which actually turned out to be from Hobbyking, and was quite happy with it when it arrived, but on coming to fit the tailplane the tailseat proved to be 10 degrees out. Contacted Hobbyking and sent them the pictures and they admitted the item was faulty, but then closed the ticket and said that their Ebay team would deal with it. Have they dealt with it? A week later I've heard nothing. Won;t be doing that again.

I would never by HK from eBay.If you look at the "eBay sellers".... thread you will see a lot of examples where people buy direct from HK then sell on embay with a BIG markup! Can you provide a link to the store you bought this from?

Edited By Rob Jones 2 on 19/06/2014 09:29:09

Posted by Rob Jones 2 on 19/06/2014 09:28:38:
Posted by leccyflyer on 19/06/2014 07:27:57:

I would never by HK from eBay.If you look at the "eBay sellers".... thread you will see a lot of examples where people buy direct from HK then sell on embay with a BIG markup! Can you provide a link to the store you bought this from?

Edited By Rob Jones 2 on 19/06/2014 09:29:09

This wasn't a third party reseller  -it was Hobbyking's eBay "shop". The fact that it was on eBay is incidental, its still Hobbyking.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/hobbyking_international?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

It's supposedly from the UK warehouse since it says on the listing.

Shipping Detail:

All orders will be processed within 5 days of payment. Transit time will vary depend on shipping method and Customs clearance.
*** Please be informed that this item is from UK warehouse and will ship to the United Kingdom only***

Return Policy:

If you are not happy with your item, you may return it for a full refund on the price of the product. This must be done within 14 days of the purchase arriving and the product must be in new condition with original packaging and all included accessories. Returning Shipping Cost will be paid by buyer.

Edited By leccyflyer on 19/06/2014 10:23:01

Edited By leccyflyer on 19/06/2014 10:26:05 -added Hobbyking iformation

Edited By leccyflyer on 19/06/2014 10:29:29

I have used hobbyking about eight times, and every thing was fine, then had one item delivered with missing parts.

Took about 6 months to resolve. (They wanted photos of the missing parts, how does that work ?.) eventually they sent me a replacment item, (guess what this had missing parts also). in the end I ended up with a credit note, in short they are O.K. till it goes wrong. I still purchase the odd item from them, but know use paypal. (Don't know if this will help if it goes wrong.

I always use paypal when it's a less certain outlet who might not deliver the goods. I recently bought some decals from Etsy for a model and when it was clear they weren't turning up I started a dispute and got my money back. Same thing for when I sent something by Hermes and they wouldn't collect it, but didn't respond to my request for a refund.

I've never had a problem with Hobbyking, but I don't trust how it'd turn out if I did have one, so I always go for the back up of Paypal.

I've used them a few times, mostly the global warehouse. Not very impressed with their new couriers though, been waiting three weeks for retracts, and advised up to 45 days sad

but you can't beat the prices.

Rich

Edited By Rich2 on 20/06/2014 12:34:42

Posted by Simon B on 19/06/2014 14:50:28:

If they're playing silly so-and-so's and you've paid by paypal, simply start a dispute.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 19/06/2014 16:25:08

The trouble is that I've started assembling the model, modified the servo tray to fit the servos, cut away the covering to fit the aileron servos etc. I'm not in a position to return the kit in as new, unstarted condition and, furthermore, had already left positive feedback before noticing the problem with the tailseat.

OK so I am the OP for this thread .... as at today lunchtime nothing delivered but nothing expected.

For the 48 hour serice I paid for the earliest I would expect is tomorrow (saturday) morning but I won't be at home until at least monday next week l ...will be interested to see what happens ...

Posted by avtur on 20/06/2014 18:04:45:

OK so I am the OP for this thread .... as at today lunchtime nothing delivered but nothing expected.

For the 48 hour serice I paid for the earliest I would expect is tomorrow (saturday) morning but I won't be at home until at least monday next week l ...will be interested to see what happens ...

Parcel Farce don't deliver saturdays

"Malaysia post are in the same class as the UK Post Office, useless."

How often do we get threads raving about how great it is that something's arrived by 9am the following day (usually unfairly giving all the credit to the shop)? Loads. I think you're a little unfair to Royal Mail.

Edited By Simon B on 20/06/2014 19:59:22

It is the nature of a postal service, where a parcel passes through many handlers, that it takes some time. Also coming from outside the EU, the customs may have an interest.

What is disappointing is that the service from China appears in some instances to be getting worse. It could be that Lipo and li-ion are now handled by only a few carriers. It seems though, rather than seeing an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities, they have a rather laid back approach. Or it could be that Lipos now come by sea, you never know?

I think you're right about lithium batteries being an increasing problem. I know there have been several instances of HK having to switch postal services to get lithium batteries sent.

I'm surprised they're still able to use parcelforce to deliver batteries from the UK depot as I thought they were on the "banned" list - at least when sent not as part of, or with, another item, eg. a laptop and battery, plus possibly spare battery...

Posted by Erfolg on 20/06/2014 18:11:37:

I have to agree Rich, I ordered some Lipos for my CS about 5 weeks back, from the Chinese store, still have not arrived. Malaysia post are in the same class as the UK Post Office, useless.

Having waited almost 40 days for my parcel to arrive via Malaysia Post, it's a bit harsh to say that MP are useless - slow but not useless! Hobby King say that we should allow 39 working days for a delivery, so 5 weeks is still a bit too soon to expect anything.

Edited By Cuban8 on 21/06/2014 09:57:59