Dec 2014 issue feedback.....

David Ashby - Moderator

Advert

Thanks Dave, glad you enjoy it despite the hiccups. The paragraph thanking Brian Cordwell was supposed to be after the control line bit. It is nothing to do with the RC Scale stuff.

I did do a combination of planking and sheeting when I planked the underside and sheeted the upper half of the Chipmunk I am doing over in the Chip Shop section. I had hoped to show that technique in the magazine but really the Chippy fus was a bit too straightforward to justify all the work to create the template.

When I next plank something more curvaceous we will do it then

Cheers

Danny

Having gone through this months magazine I just wanted to send my thoughts and best wishes to the family and friends who lost Colin Nolan. In last months issue my heart was lifted by the clubs spectacular and well organized chAotic event where the kept a model aloft through out the day from dusk till dawn. Good on you lot! Alas Cancer takes the best of us and the best we can do is continue fighting. Lately I've been looking to my winter build which I've decided will be the Cessna L-19 and to my surprise I see a beautiful model on page 29 only to read the sad news. I'm sure Colin will be remembered fondly. Anyhow best of luck to all of you and remember to live every day.

Posted by Danny Fenton on 13/11/2014 21:06:07:

Thanks Dave, glad you enjoy it despite the hiccups. The paragraph thanking Brian Cordwell was supposed to be after the control line bit. It is nothing to do with the RC Scale stuff.

I did do a combination of planking and sheeting when I planked the underside and sheeted the upper half of the Chipmunk I am doing over in the Chip Shop section. I had hoped to show that technique in the magazine but really the Chippy fus was a bit too straightforward to justify all the work to create the template.

When I next plank something more curvaceous we will do it then

Cheers

Danny

Thanks Danny! I will look forward to the planking technique.

Keep up the good work

dave

After giving bob a bit of stick for the jet column a few issues ago can I say well done and much better for an informative column, there are so many items out there unique to jets lets have them explained and reviewed if loss, thanks to shane for his thoughts on my mate Colin, we are all gutted and I am so gonna miss all the stick he gave me...gutted

I haven't read it all yet, there is a lot to read and that in itself is a recommendation. I love the article about the atmospheric Supermarine Southampton and Cyril Carr's beautiful model of it, well done Cyril.

To me RCME sets a very high standard these days, congratulations to David and the rest of the team. Now that we are seeing these fascinating features, I'd really like to see the full-size articles include a three-view drawing, that would be the icing on the cake for me.

Interesting piece in Nigel Hawes column about using the guts of an IC engine, with a shaft from a rear mounted outrunner to provide the power. IIRC something similar had been proposed for vintage models allowing the appearance of those lovely classic diesel engines, with the reliability of a 21st century power train. Good stuff, but I did check to make sure that it wasn't April's issue yes

Posted by leccyflyer on 16/11/2014 09:58:39:

Interesting piece in Nigel Hawes column about using the guts of an IC engine, with a shaft from a rear mounted out runner to provide the power. IIRC something similar had been proposed for vintage models allowing the appearance of those lovely classic diesel engines, with the reliability of a 21st century power train. Good stuff,

Do they have a fuel vapouriser to give the diesel smell ? A diesel without the oil and smell of the fuel is like a pub with no beer .laugh

ps There was a guy at this years Nats Selling them . I believe he was from Belgium . Expensive though The Cox was 96 Euros .

Edited By Engine Doctor on 16/11/2014 11:31:05

You don't need the whole engine for it to fool people.

This old Frog 1.49 cylinder head is also a convenient place to hold some necessary nose weight.

Funny thing is that I used to go to great lengths to hide the engine when I used ic, in fact when I started building the Deacon my intention was to use a Marown Snipe installed inverted. wink 2