What are you flying this Season

After my winter Build my Hanger is full for this year flying

dsc_0177.jpg

fly baby (19).jpg

my bobber (24).jpg

elan 100 2.jpg

la bella dame 2.jpg

viking3.jpg

Also My Savage Trainer going trough is test flying at moment Same as my Savage Bobber but a bit smaller with a OS 26FS So far so good, and a 80% Attila nearing completion Picture to follow. that's it no more building for me till next winter is just Fly Fly Fly and not to much repairs smile d

What are you Ladies and Gentleman been up to this winter and what are you going to Fly this season lets see them.

Advert

After spending the last few seasons flying all electric, I'm in the finishing stages of this lovely Seagull 'Sea Eagle' F3A style machine. Only a bit over 5.5 lbs in weight and will fit ready rigged in my Mondeo Estate. Powered by my trusty ASP 61FS transplanted from my equally trusty (and well flow - now retired) Hanger 9 Aresti 40.

Edited By Cuban8 on 17/03/2015 11:35:58

Hi Cuban8. I have a Sea Eagle in the shed minus a wing after a maiden. Mine is electric and took off ok but was extremely twitchy in roll and especially pitch. Also very fast. I would recommend expo and a lot less movement. However the real problem was that as soon as power was reduced it descended like an elevator down a shaft. I got it back to our small patch but as I pulled power back a tree jumped up and bit it!! Cost of a wing set makes it prohibitive to re-wing but a club member building a laser cutter has promised me bits for a new wing eventually. Bought a Sebart which is a different beast altogether in a very nice way.

Colin

I'll still be mostly flying the same mix of models that I flew last year depending on weather conditions, my mood at the time, etc. One or two will be undergoing development/fine tuning to get them flying their best.

At the moment I'm trying to find the time and the will to set up a 3.5m full house powered glider that I bought second hand for a reasonable cost. Also, dependent on price negotiations, might soon be adding a 1.5m Space Walker to the hangar for some relaxing sport /scale flying.

Thoughts of Pilatus PC-9 / PC-21 sometime during the year............

Steve

I'll be flying my Seagull Edge 540, trying to improve my aerobatics and practice for my 'B' Cert. For the calmer side of me I've got my small electric Max Thrust Ryan which flies beautifully. I've also just finished assembling my new HobbyKing Durafly Vampire which i hope to maiden very soon. I'm sure I'll be adding to my small collection as the year goes on.

I still have to pass my A-certificate so will be flying a second hand Irvine Tutor with an Enya 45 with primary and secondary exhausts. I need to get a repaired Super Air off the ground and a Flair SE5A both of which have been ready for some time. I might dig out Chris Olsen's last Uproar plus the Junior 60's and Falcon. I always have a bash with my Twinstar 2 to shake off any winter rustyness and need to test the re-wiring I have carried out. Then there is the Great Planes Yak 55 which has only flown once as has the old RCM&E Trainer with the new wing. I passed my club Field-Test years ago with the latter plane as a 3 channel unit. Also there is my Weston Cougar and Easy Rider to consider and Super 60 and others which may not see the light of day!

004.jpg

11-05-2008 bartons point 002.jpg

1946 JNR 60 and original Keil Kraft 1955 New JNR 60 Built 1962/3

KK Falcon

Super 60

07-11-2008 ; heron 002.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 18/03/2015 09:33:00

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 18/03/2015 09:40:15

After a long winter of repairs and servicing my fleet is serviceable again. There is not enough space for photos though, currently airworthy are:

Flair Nieuport 17
Pica 1/6 P40E
YT P39
YT La7
YT Seafury
Great planes Escapade 61
H9 Pulse 125
Jayracer 85 (think LMA trainer type model)
a small flying plank I made with a 15 two stroke on it

And I will soon be working on finishing my 1/4 scale Stampe Sv4 and perhaps a large Piper cub! But, I really need to thin the fleet a little as I just have too many

That's not even scratching the surface. I have another 8 warbirds, 3 1/4 scale biplanes, 2 1/6 scale biplanes and 2 sport models to build! And that's not to mention other things that I like the look of.

I would dearly love a falcon or similar, ideally something bigger so I can use my Laser 100 Diesel engine

I hope to maiden the Uproar today. It's been in my loft for at least ten years waiting for me to rebuild the starboard wing. I will also be flying my "Rosse d'Hiver" WOT 4, Super Sixty and Acrowot over the next week or so, then they will all have to go into store with the rest of my e/c models prior to moving house.

nearly there. (1).jpg

la rosse dhiver.jpg

penn models super sixty (4).jpg

RAF Acrowot

Tell me about it Jon my hanger is a 24 foot x 8 and originally my wife used 8 foot of it for her gymsad then the kids move in and used for a play house sad after much dealing and bribing I manage to take over the whole thing but now I need more space, there are so many unfinished project, and I don't seen to crash as much as I use to surprise maybe is a good thing but because there are all my babies I can not bring myself to sell them the others can not be born because I have no spacecrying

My wife says I don't crash enough, so all the bigger stuff is yonks old as a shed, garage and a bedroom are all full.

I did get out a SIAI Marchetti SF 260 today to start checking it over and bringing into the 21st century, but that's not new, just new to me. Anyone want a PCM 1024 Rx.......??? And a Ripmax 1700mAh NICAD?? HA HA...............

Oh, and I ran up the Zenoah 26 (Magneto) on my ancient YT Edge, ready for some more merciless thrashing.

Have built a(nother!) JW60 Slope Soarer, two own design delta slopers, A Durafly Auto-G2 (flown for the second time today, maiden was last Friday), repaired and re-flown a Hyperflea (the battery connection had burnt out on a fast low pass amid Tx lady shouts of "RSSI critical" and "telemetry lost!!", and it went into the outfield from a fast shallow dive doing at least 60mph.........one elevon detached, horn detached other side, battery mount "canopy" sheared off, 25mm knocked off nose, annoyingly the foam nose piece blew away so had to make a new part............. 30 mins work, couple of squirts of the matching aerosols, and you'd be very hard pressed to know, dontcha just love EPP..............