Summer is here!!....Who's been flying??

Posted by cymaz on 28/07/2015 06:53:19:

I think Anderw should get the thread re- titled ?....

"Summers here, who's taken up an indoor hobby. "

Dreadful again, apart from Saturday.

Yes....i may have been a little ahead of myself cymaz .Sorry about that. Should i start the Autumn thread now??

Andrew

We had a great day at Fradley yesterday. Beautifully sunny and warm. The wind was a bit strange, between 0 and 10 knots unpredictably, swinging continuously 90 degrees between "Southish, unusual" most of the time, across the runway, and South East. It didn't cause any serious problems and I had a great time with the Edge 540, Phoenix 2000 and my new XB42. I'm chuffed with it, so a picture of that expresses the pleasure of the day perfectly for me, it is what we are all about.dsc_0113.jpg

Amazingly there were just 3 of us at Ashbourne yesterday (Friday) despite the fact it was the best day for over a week and the forecast isn't brilliant. I know it was a working day but a lot of members are retired.

Even so it was quite windy in the gusts and even threw my Thunderbird around despite its size (84" ws Zenoah 26 powered). I ended up flying the Riot quite a bit as its my low value, nothing to lose model. I was practicing touch and goes but it got blown over on the ground a couple of times. However I enjoy flying it, even in a wind. I think it's all in the mind as it's had countless flights (200 +) and owes me nothing so if it goes in, I'll shrug my shoulders and laugh. If the Fantasy went in after all the time I spent building it, I'd be less sanguine, but I did fly it successfully and greased it in.

Didn't take the Phoenix 2000 but I think there was quite a bit of lift as there seemed to be a lot fair weather type cumulus about so perhaps I should have.

We're not that far from Fradley, where Colin was flying, but quite a bit higher so we probably get stronger winds.

Lousy today though with strong winds and heavy showers at home.

Geoff

Flew a couple on Saturday between rain showers. Had a nice couple of hours very early yesterday - blew the dust off the HobbyKing T28............. nice, if a little too fast landing. I think I need more practice.

And flew the heli in the garden in the afternoon.

GG

Had a decent-ish session at Oldham on Sunday, but we seem to be having some sort of interfence on 2.4 at one end of the field, twice mine (on Frsky Taranis TX & RX) went "wierd" the control response went really mushy and it seemed very reluctant to turn over roughly the same area (but was perfectly normal before and after) - also the same sort of complaints with a Futaba TX/RX set up in the same-ish area.......

Wierd.......

Better than Derbyshire then. It was quite warm but dull and quite windy. Forecast better tomorrow so hopefully there'll be flying.

Most of my lakes visits have been in the winter, usually over Christmas at Patterdale YH and I don't think we had one when it didn't rain at some point. We usually managed to get a few cycling miles in, though 3 wheels were preferred because of icy roads or snow and I'm a wimp

Geoff

Posted by Dave Hopkin on 06/08/2015 20:49:02:
Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 06/08/2015 20:18:00:

I went down to the strip today, only to find we have "visitors"!!!!!

So no flying until they move on.....

Kev

Visitors? Moles? Sheep? Travellers? Aliens?..........

Travellers!!!!

Might as well be Aliens, the god only knows what they will leave behind this time.

Kev

The last time I flew this model I was well over twenty years younger.

It's had a full radio refurb and I've added a tow release.

It's still a beauty to fly.

p1060348.jpg

An original Multiplex Alpina 4m in its element.

p1060361.jpg

Original apart from the canopy which was meant for an ASW17.

Flown from Cox Tor, Dartmoor but this pic taken looking back towards Princetown.

Had two 10 minute flights with my old nexus helicopter this evening and I done my first ever loop teeth 2 followed by another 3. Looking to go back to the strip in the morning as its going to be really nice yes so will get a couple of hours in before work.

Baz

Had a great day at the field yesterday - sunny, warm, light winds and a few successful maiden flights into the bargain. Particularly pleased with the performance of my Krick Klemm L-25, which really looks the part in the air. Even a couple of crashes couldn'.t dampen the enthusiasm.

Krick Klemm

Klemm in Flight

Supra-E Flypast

First decent day's flying for quite a while yesterday. Probably half a dozen flights on my old Goldberg Chippy and three or four on the little electric Yak. Plenty of chat and good company - what it's all about really.

Quite mild during the day and with only about 10-12 mph winds. Got a bit chilly around 7.30pm though, needed your jacket in the breeze as the sun got lower - never seem to to get nice balmy evenings anymore.

Best day of the year (so far) yesterday, overcast but dry with intermitent hints of sunshine - virtually no wind at all - cant recall the last time I flew in flat calm!

Got 6 flights in eith the pioneer and 2 with the el cheapo HK Stick 1500 - surprisingly good for a dirt cheap thing - good roll rate but a tad unresponsive on the elevator.... shame I didnt have more 4S 4000 Lipos for it!!!!