How many Model Flying Shows do you visit per year?

Advert

I don't always do one but I suppose over the last few years I have done one rather than none most times so 1-3 for me.

I do enjoy them tho and with jnr becoming more interest I can see us doing more in the future.

Good poll Beth 👍🏻👍🏻

Edited By Justin K. on 27/08/2015 10:00:41

Edited By Justin K. on 27/08/2015 10:03:03

Posted by Vecchio Austriaco on 27/08/2015 10:00:04:

You could have put 1 only as a choice as well, as I am sure it is not only me going to one event per year. For me the "one" is the nats this year.

VA

She has ??? 1-3 includes 1.

Edited By Justin K. on 27/08/2015 10:02:08

Posted by Vecchio Austriaco on 27/08/2015 10:05:08:

1 to 3 includes one - but as I go to one only - and you as well as it looks - the result suggests that we go to more than one. By the way - in the meantime a new line has been added - 1. so Beth is listening and is very quick....

VA

Holds head in hands

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 27/08/2015 10:06:14:

Usually at least 3 or 4, but being limited by how far I can drive and walk has dropped this to 2 so far this year, with one more on the cards (Much Marcle).

I think the walk aspect is a good point Bob , some of our " Less agile" members find this a barrier to attending as many shows as they would like.

I guess I stopped going to shows when the Elvington Air Spectacular ceased to be ...around 2000.

Ive been to Rufforth twice I think since then and once to Wings n Wheels....

Travelling to the venues is always a nightmare for me, it's at least 40 miles before I reach any major motorway.....from where I live..crying

Nowadays, its easier to stock up via the internet, or by post...that said there's a certain model shop not too far from Gateshead that I've visited lately when staying at my daughters....

Edited By John Rudd on 27/08/2015 10:54:57

I used to visit several shows each year, primarily for the trade "bargains" that were available in years gone by. The flying was always a bonus, showing me how it should be done. Sandown was always the "big one". Unfortunately, as Percy said, the internet means that what bargains are available can now be had from your armchair, which also saves on travel costs etc.

I too have difficulty walking any great distance, so that has to be taken into cosideration as well, which is why I too like the Old Warden shows, though I must say I am looking forward to this years Much Marcle show.

This year less than last, only done 3 x Greenacres, Cosford, Weston, missed Elvington so I could do Greenacres, Nats this weekend and Gaydon in October, I don't go for shopping, although I do always spend too much lol, I don't sit on the flight line either, I just enjoy the atmosphere, the people and the evening activities, plus Greenacres have one hell of a burger bar smile p