What is your most flown model?

Phil 9

Interesting that people are mainly listing the less expensive models.

My most flown models are:-

Electric Power - SUPERFLY by Superfly RC foam only kit designed by Dr David Halko in the US quite a few years ago now. EPP foam, no spar, quite flexible, only elevon surfaces. Weighs next to nothing flight ready with 1300mAh 3S. Two cheap Waypoint metal gear servos, £6 motor, £15 ESC. The below 1080HD Mobius headcam Video was shot on a windy day, but keep sound uo to hear throttle action. It flies in near anything (have flown it in excess of 30 mph wind. Jump to 1 min 20 secs if bored!!

**LINK**

IC Power - Avicraft "Panic" (JP ARTF), SC91 running 10%. Video below was supposed to be spot landing practice but sometimes I got bored. Not the best video I have done, but usually I don't fancy having a headcam on when its being thrashed and the weather it gets flown in often isn't that video suitable, as its my goto "hack!! (well that and a SC52 powered Twist 40 modded to get more throws).

**LINK**

Helis, well probably EP - Blade 180CFX, IC - Sceadu 50 with Redline 53 on 20%.

Advert

Mine is a Black Horse Chipmunk with a RCV 91 up front. At about 2/3 power, the engine sounds almost like the real thing. It always makes me smile. Mods I made during the build include a closed loop for the rudder and the fitting of sprung oleos. It's a regular flyer throughout the year ( in its 3rd year now ) with 18 hours of flight time. Love it.

Oh, and on the slope my most flown model is a FlyingWings "Slipstream", THE plane I'll always throw off first no matter where I am and how iffy the site conditions look.

Its REALLY old now, but was built with three spars as a DS Trainer, and is still intact and as taut as it was.

Quite an archaic video shot with a FlyCamOne, a pretty atrocious bit of kit and a great example of how small headcam/plane cam cameras have progressed - look at the quality and weep, and appreciate how short it is!!

**LINK**

Over the summer I've really been into gliders and my most flown model has been my Mpx Solius which has seen some action in a variety of situations.

However, my most flown model of all is my Mpx Acromaster which is approaching 300 flights now.

I concur with Dave Bran above about the models being at the cheaper end of the market. What does this tell us I wonder?

Recently I've been giving serious thought about thinning out my fleet, selling off some of my larger models and returning to flying simpler models.

Steve.

My most flown electric this year has to be my Nigel Hawes Tucano because it's been so damned windy!

Most flown IC would probably be my Magnatilla pulled by an ASP 52, soon to be replaced with a more powerful, nearly new OS52 FS aquired this weekend at the Nats.

Most flown sloper has to be my new Phase 6 simply on air time at the Orme whilst on holiday along with 2 flights for it's maiden.

It's been a windy year so far!

I knew that the truth would come out to light ... anytime. I spent the most hours in the air, during my stay on the BRIGHT SIDE, with Spitfire Vb, semi scale,35 MHz, from no longer existing producers, ' Lion -Models' ' ...Far East. Wingspan1400,glow engine O.S. Max FS 70, material: balsa and depron, time in the air about ten hours. I'm proud, because, I have never had any serious damage. Young colleagues, from the club I learned to fly in spite, but not long flown solo ... unfortunately.
Spity and me
Semi scale Spity Vb

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 01/09/2015 10:15:14