Transmitter in hand luggage

Andy Loges

I am to visit my Dad who has retired over in France... he belongs to very nice little flying club over there where I have been invited to go have a fly. So my question is does anyone know if you are allowed to take your transmitter in hand luggage? I have a 2.4 Futaba with Lipo battery and I am flying Ryan Air.

Advert

Posted by Paul Marsh on 20/09/2015 09:34:32:

don't you have to alter the output to 10mw, as in France, futaba have a setting for changing the power output to comply over there?

Not any more, Paul.

It used to be the case that about half of the 2.4 band could be used at "full" power, but when used outdoors the other half could only be used at the lower power output of 10mW. Hence the "France" switch which, as Phil said, just stops the radio using the low power part of the band.

This is all academic now though, as the restriction was dropped a year or two ago.

Andy, as Bob says above, there is no problem bringing a Tx with you on board.

I regularly travel to Spain with Aer Lingus & Ryanair with my Tx. and have to take it out of it's case and place it in a tray for inspection by preflight security. If you treat it like a Laptop Computer you will not have any problems.

Enjoy your time in France.

Eamonn.