Chris's Bella Ballerina HD

McG 6969

Posted by AVC on 12/01/2016 16:38:04:

' (whatever that means smiley),... It's not like those boring building thread where the builder just post thousands of photos and say "I've done this, I've done that..." (upss, I'm afraid I'm describing my own thread...)

Anyway, I'll grab a seat in this room...

Well AVC I'm the same as you. If you look at my thread. All the pictures are the same very boring in comparison. Although the build has finished for the day now.

20160112_161106.jpg

Hi to everybody,

As I'm really hoping to retrieve my 'normal' senses without antibiotics tomorrow, the moment has come to share the 5th & final part of the Official History of the Bella Ballerina.

(continued)

As he was experimenting with composites at the time, Petr also moulded a glass fiber cowling for the forthcoming powerplant. When Pilatus - the re-branded Aircraft Division of Oerlikon - started to test turboprop propulsion with the Turbomeca Astazou, Petr was ready to put the first (down-tuned) example in the Ballerina. Also as the new cowling seemed a really pretty addition to the old lady, he promply re-baptised her ‘Bella Ballerina’.

This document shows the typical cowling - with lateral exhausts - of an aircraft equipped with a turboprop.

early_turbomeca.jpg

The first tests were outstanding and accelerated the pre-production of the first Pilatus Turbo-Porter. Carrying the image of the company, Bella Ballerina was decorated in the red/white Swiss colours, with red/white squared rudder, red stabiliser & main wing, white fuselage & red cowl w/ flat black anti-reflection top.

She consequently took part in several static exhibitions and demonstrations, but ever since Petr left the company for the States to design for Fairchild Hiller at the end of the sixties, nobody seems to know where she still might be shining…

On a side note, some research allows us to find out that Mr Ottone Mastroianni, the initiator of this whole project was the father of well-known Italian film actor and seducer Marcello Mastroianni… and that Ottone’s private airstrip, next to his plywood factory in Caselle Torinese - nowadays - is the exact location of Torino Airport (TRN).

(end of story)

Happy reading

Chris

BRU – BE / CTR Airynuttical Control

Posted by kc on 12/01/2016 14:43:49:

The Bella history is beginning to sound like one of Peter Miller's 'airynuttical histories' ........

( for those who don't remember those they were Peter's almost convincing history of his latest design, they just got more fantastic until eventually one realised they must be a spoof )

fudge can mean " to bodge" according to my dictionary so a fudger must be a bodger!

Edited By kc on 12/01/2016 14:44:20

You know, I have kept remembering my "lesser Known aircraft from Aeronuttycal history" But I think KC will agree that those were funny and quite exciting.

I suppose I must be grateful l that at least he didn't pinch my special character "Skunk Magee". He is copyright.

Maybe I will do another one of them soon.

Edited By Peter Miller on 12/01/2016 18:26:29

Thanks for visiting, Peter.

But even without my medicine... I don't think I would be able to understand what you (& kc) are talking about... sad

'Airynuttical' or 'Aeronuttical', or even the Estonian version 'Hairynuttical... and now then 'Skunk Magee'... surprise

Even my brand new 'urban' dictionary seems to have migrated to the Galapagos...

I've learned to live with my own insanity, but I fair some here need an urgent brain interception, don't you think BEB?

I guess I'm becoming totally 'nuttical' myself here... frown

No alcohol anymore, Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Nuttical Control

In the late 70s, early 80s I did a series of designs including The Trivial Pursuit, American Drago, Laughing Samurai Special, Tequila Sunrise, King Condor, Magee Special, Lady Samantha. All of these came with a complete history which was humorous to the extent of being farcical and were I hope quite exciting.

MOst appeared in Radio Modeller, one in RCMW and later in RCM in the USA.

The best laughs came when I was told that TrivialPursuit (The TImber Reclamation Inc. Mk 6 Altitule Pursuit or T.R.I. VI Al, Pursuit) had won a club scale competition and I was asked by   Australian and American modellers for scale documentaion for Tequila Sunrise  as they wanted to enter it in giant scale racing. It would seem that they had swallowed the literally ludicrous yarn hook line and sinker.

One of my main characters was a barnstorming pilot called Skunk Magee and he will return soon.

I can say that writing the humour was the most fun that I have ever had at the keyboard and the hardest work.

It does my heart good that KC at least remembered them.

Edited By Peter Miller on 12/01/2016 19:09:34

Thank you Peter, for helping me with my 'out of control' feeling...

Thank you for keeping my madness at a manageable level...frown

So, I can at least assume that kc & you are some kind of 'paired felons', right?

I can imagine how 'hard working' but very enjoyable it must have been.

Should we get worried about the projected return of "The Great Skunk Magee"??? ...

Happy Skunking

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Magee Control

Posted by Peter Miller on 12/01/2016 19:07:08:

I can say that writing the humour was the most fun that I have ever had at the keyboard and the hardest work.

It does my heart good that KC at least remembered them.

Now I really should be ashamed, but I think I discovered my first keyboard in around 1992 (IBM 384 & needle printer), but I guess it will feel differently without medicines... blush

I hope...

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Absence of Control

Sorry if I confused you. Aeronautical was corrupted to incorporate " nutty" to suggest something crazy. Nutty in English means ( apart from the seeds of some trees ) a bit crazy. The " nutty professor " is a well known phrase.( I am saying no more here! )

Even now chairmakers proudly call themselves bodgers if they make chairs in the traditional low tech way using pole lathes ( treadle power with a springy sapling for the return stroke) They turn the wood whilst green and air dry. Later when seasoned they force the joints together which is why bodging is often thought to be rather crude compared to cabinet making.

Peter, how could we forget your spoof plane histories including such details such as the Russian lady shotputter.  " Anna Bolik and her spheroids "      I still have all those Radio Modeller magazines........

Edited By kc on 13/01/2016 11:31:33

Hi everybody,

With the last vapors of chemical stuff & medicines leaving my body … brain, allow me to have a short comeback to the “History of the Bella Ballerina”.

I have to admit and make public to all readers that kc was totally right about my ‘historical research’. blush

Of course the entire story is a full HOAX… but I really did my best to elaborate it in a believable way.

I even suspect Peter to have preferred to remain ‘silent’ about the story, in a discrete role of ‘smiling witness’.

On the other hand, in a rational approach, how could the Bella Ballerina have an ‘historical past’ if the genuine Ballerina herself was a product of Peter’s ‘creative imagination’?

As I said, being “paired felons”, kc knew about Peter’s “AeroNUTTYcal” stories, I didn’t at all… no clue. But now I feel a bit surprised that I wrote one myself. surprise

I was also very surprised to be asked about the ‘original’ colors of the BE-50, so I decided to go on with the ‘spoof’… and to add more pictures to increase its credibility.

By the way, the Ballerina ‘sketch’ drawing is in fact a slightly redrawn version of the - never build - Pilatus PC-1 with a few Italian words added to it.

Quite strange also that nobody made a remark about the pretty lady’s designer identity.

Petr Millaricz !!! … Doesn’t that really looks like Peter Miller’s Polish ‘twin’ brother… ??? wink

In fact, it all started when I decided to fit my forthcoming Ballerina model with a turboprop & its typical ‘twin’ (again!) exhausts. I’m afraid that after some basic research for it, the anti-flu chemical stuff took over…

I hope some of you enjoyed the story... but, no medicine for a while… promised.

Cheers

Chris

BRU – BE / CTR Medicine Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 13/01/2016 11:41:34

Don't worry kc.

Even if I didn't manage to understand every word of it, I also had to keep myself as 'backward & subnormal' as possible (not difficult at all) to allow me to finish the 'spoof' before everybody knew. wink

Happy spoofing

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Subnormal Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 13/01/2016 11:44:16

Posted by McG 6969 on 13/01/2016 11:38:25:

Hi everybody,

With the last vapors of chemical stuff & medicines leaving my body … brain, allow me to have a short comeback to the “History of the Bella Ballerina”.

I have to admit and make public to all readers that kc was totally right about my ‘historical research’. blush

Of course the entire story is a full HOAX… but I really did my best to elaborate it in a believable way.

I even suspect Peter to have preferred to remain ‘silent’ about the story, in a discrete role of ‘smiling witness’.

On the other hand, in a rational approach, how could the Bella Ballerina have an ‘historical past’ if the genuine Ballerina herself was a product of Peter’s ‘creative imagination’?

As I said, being “paired felons”, kc knew about Peter’s “AeroNUTTYcal” stories, I didn’t at all… no clue. But now I feel a bit surprised that I wrote one myself. surprise

I was also very surprised to be asked about the ‘original’ colors of the BE-50, so I decided to go on with the ‘spoof’… and to add more pictures to increase its credibility.

By the way, the Ballerina ‘sketch’ drawing is in fact a slightly redrawn version of the - never build - Pilatus PC-1 with a few Italian words added to it.

Quite strange also that nobody made a remark about the pretty lady’s designer identity.

Petr Millaricz !!! … Doesn’t that really looks like Peter Miller’s Polish ‘twin’ brother… ??? wink

In fact, it all started when I decided to fit my forthcoming Ballerina model with a turboprop & its typical ‘twin’ (again!) exhausts. I’m afraid that after some basic research for it, the anti-flu chemical stuff took over…

I hope some of you enjoyed the story... but, no medicine for a while… promised.

Cheers

Chris

BRU – BE / CTR Medicine Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 13/01/2016 11:41:34

teeth 2teeth 2teeth 2teeth 2teeth 2teeth 2 That's brilliant Chris, I didn't think a bit of chemistry in the brain could be that productive!!! Honestly, you must try to write fiction novels (or history book, which in the end are pretty much the same...)

Chapeau!

@ Chris & AVC

Thanks to both of you for enjoying it.

Petr? Yes, at times I got nervous about re-correcting the auto correct... smiley

Well AVC, the LotH's main hobby is writing stories & novels and her father was a songwriter and professional copywriter & scenarist for the Belgian television. Must have been in the air... & in the medicines then.

Cheers

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Auto Correct Control

Cheers