Andys 120% ballerina

AndyD

thx AVC.apart from having a weigh in 6Ib 8oz (which im quite pleased with as theres not a lot more to add any real weight) been having yet another good clean up and putting things away (never to be found again)like my rx its here somewhere.

Posted by AndyD on 09/02/2016 22:46:32:

Hi John,yes im painting,not got enough tex of any decent colours but ive got some black aerosols,i was surposed to be doing this on the cheap and to use up a lot of odds an ends but just spent £9 on a pilot,just hope he fits better.

Hi Andy

What will you use to protect the text from leaks under the mask? The -tex covering has this bad habit...

Another question: where do you get the covering from? The Solartex is good but a bit expensive, and if this one works well, I'd like to try it smiley

hi AVC,not sure where i got the covering from,ive had it at least 4 years,it might be solar tex as it seems good quality but ive just got a roll but no info.

HI John this one comes with £9 of cotton wool already instuffed.i think i might use a 4 inch nut and bolt just to make sure he dont bail out on me.indecision

meet Clive (nameing pilots,sad i no) but he just looks like a clive,sorry to any Clives out there.001.jpg

showing your age John,i hope its not as i think he was into boats.laugh

AVC as for paint masking its a matter of not putting the paint on to wet and meticulous masking,but i know what you mean,im not saying its goin to be perfect but i shall say it is and only photograph the good bits lol.

i might paint Clive tomorrow or is it Ted,confused already,must be the red wine.

002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpgwell Teds had a bit of surgery and is looking a bit brighter shall finish him tomorrow.

de-stuffed him and cut him to hieght,then super glued a balsa ring in place followed by glueing some pins for added measure then re-stuffed him.not going to go to made on the paint as i only got a few colours at the mo.006.jpg

002.jpg003.jpgyea im going with Clive,first impressions and all that.hes now got eyebrows and lipstick ? weathered his flying suit by rubbing gently with a scotchbrite just to highlight the high points not that it shows much in the photos.

wish i had gone with a different colour scheme,something simple like my old flybaby,a plane that i love but hated back in the day,back then001.jpg i was not intrested in scale flying but zooming round the sky at mach 1,these day i like to fly slow close and aerobaticly even a bit of mild 3d but thats useually at about 10 thousand feet just in case.

Our flying field is like a bog and will be for a few weeks yet so I've resorted to slowly tinkering with my Ballerina! Like you say Andy no rush with this weather around!

I like the wear and distressing on Clives flying suit. Looks quite convincing. yes

Your yellow tex covering looks very similar to what I used on my Super Cub last year. Very light and translucent. (Don't know what make mine was either. Ebay bargain) You could mask it off and spray it with car aerosols to make a similar scheme to the Fly Baby. Looks very nice. laugh

Posted by AndyD on 12/02/2016 23:41:10:

thx John,glad i changed him much better fit and it would of been a shame to spoil a lovely looking plane,just remembered ive got to do something with her legs,the plain wire does nothing for her,theres no rush as flying days seem a distant memory.

The Back binders work really well, cheap, quick and easy.