Andys 120% ballerina

AndyD

That is a lovely looking aircraft, top job!

I have scanned through your blog a few times and may have missed it for looking, but what is the yellow covering that you have used? I love the translucent look of it.

Seeing these Ballerinas coming together I think I may have to put my dr1 build to one side for a bit clear the bench and get mine underway smiley

Cheers, Simon.

001.jpg002.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpgwell apart from putting her on the watt meter and sorting the size of prop shes finished waiting for the maiden to the light blue skys and fluffy white clouds,well if i want to wait six months that is,electrics were a bit tight not helped by hobbyhings savings on wire,just two inchs of wire on the batt side of the esc,clives also got his wind protection now so no stopping him.as close to 7 Ib as you can get so 800-900w should do nicely.009.jpg

hi Chris,four tabs in slots,one each side and two at the front,the two side ones i pushed pins through the tabs on the inside,no glue but seems very firm,i cant see it coming loose in flight touch wood.

hi John the c.g worked out just fine,good calculations (well luck and fingers crossed) when the batt back at its furthest position it balanced level so moved it forward 1/2 inch which was quite nose heavy but as im not adding fuel seems about right at least for the first flight,how i long for summer sunday afternoons.i can see the ballerina becoming a keeper being used most weeks.

not alot to say now untill the weather changes,just ordered a back ordered copy from that other mag about Peters dummy radial engines.(i know i didnt know there were other mags either lol)youve got a lot to answer to mr Miller i should be back building my spit but here i am thinking of building another,just come across the hatz bi-plane with radial thats got me thinking even more,there even a jet engine bipe on youtube i came across,bit over the top if you ask me,but heres a pic of my spit to try an get me motivated in it again.001.jpg

That would surprise me, all bearings used in these small motors (at least all I know of) are symmetrical. Nearly all motors can be turned around to provide both front mounting or back mounting.

Could dust (or ever worse a small screw) have found its way inside during builiding/assembling?

Take the motor apart, then you see if it is a bearing or a magnet that has come loose. The latter indicates that the motor has been too hot.

well the motors out and its ok,the circlip had come adrift and jammed against the cross plate,tried another clip but again it wont stay in place further investigation needed but im swapping it with another motor from another model for now,its lighter but it gives me more movement on battery position,

got both motors side by side,same make except ones 5055 and the others a 5065,the good ones got the smallest of small brass shim behind the circlip while the bad ones got none but a fraction more play,never had to change a shaft on this size motor would this shim come with a new shaft.anybody,thx