Hi i have this old plan I brought in the 1980s and want to build it again,being a more experienced builder now, first of all I need to know if I can get hold of the correct size molded canopy parts and where from.

Is there any one who can guide me on this details below

Cessna 172h by Eric Fearnley plan no. 1210 originally from Nexus plans service Hemel Hempstead Many Thanks

I also bought the plan back in the 1980's and have not built it yet! I bought the canopy as well so I must get around to building it one day.

It was published in RCME November 1973.but I have never managed to get hold of a copy.

Model and Allied Publications (MAP) became Argus, then Nexus, then Highbury, then Magicalia, then Encanta, then MyTimeMedia/MyhobbyStores so any plans from those publishers and also those from The Radio Control Publishing Co ( Radio Modeller) should still be available from MyHobbyStores.

I built the Eric Fearnley Cessna back in the mid 80s. It wasn't very successful mainly I think because my build may have been a bit heavy and also I don't think I got the dihedral correct. I could never get may hands on the magazine article either. The carcass still languishes in the attic.
I've always had a liking for the 150/172 and I recently bought the plan for a 74" Skyhawk designed by Arthur Warner which appeared in the October 1975 issue of Radio Modeller, another article which I don't have.
CAP (Complete A Pac) did a short kit for a 72" 172 which flew very well for one of my clubmates.

Fun Flyer. I have sent you a PM with details of the RM Oct 75 for sale.

For anyone else that is interested the 74 inch Cessna Skyhawk is plan No RM 153 from MyHobbyStores. An old Plans Service Handbook says it was in RM September 75 but the info may be incorrect and October 75 is likely correct.

Jeff2Wings.  Do you have the remaining pages of that article?

Edited By kc on 24/01/2016 14:01:48

Posted by Percy Verance on 30/01/2016 09:41:18:

Well some certainly did Masher. It wasn't unusual to see shirts & ties, or the occasional pair of bulled up shoes. I guess it depends on how much of a social *thing* you consider a trip to the flying field to be?

It doesn't seem quite as commonplace these days though........

Just look at what people turn up wearing to work, interviews or on TV!! Sorry showing my age...

Posted by Peter Miller on 30/01/2016 08:48:41:
Posted by Masher on 30/01/2016 08:44:03:

Did they really go flying dressed like that in the 70's? Wouldn't last long at our field.

More like early 50s sartorial elegance!!

I agree. Most of us in the 70's had hair (some of us still have) down our backs and wore jeans, sweatshirts and probably platform shoes. I don't think anybody at our club (MADMACS) ever turned up wearing a tie, even for the AGM !

Now flat cap, maybe.    wink 2

Edited By kevin b on 30/01/2016 15:59:08

I would think that was a specially arranged & posed photo not just a random day at the field. Therefore best clothes.

According to the article Eric Fearnley was a freelance news cameraman and therefore it is likely he was always properly dressed in smart clothes just in case some event suddenly occurred. Wearing a collar and tie was a badge of being in a responsible position. Back in that era manners and dress were important, news photographers behaved like gentlemen and stood an agreed distance away from their subjects ( 10 feet way or something ) and didnt act like todays mobs.

Kevin, we must belong to different types of clubs! I am certain I have never failed to wear a tie at every AGM I have attended! Might be a North / South divide thing.