I've used online shopping for some time -usually successfully. I must be the one of the few to have little success with Hobbyking. I have only had one trouble free order with them. I cannot log into my account as it doesn't recognise my password and after several failed attempts to reset the passwords on the two email addresses I use I gave up. I tried to order a Rx operated switch yesterday and after the usual failed login and password reset tried to set up new accounts but this was refused as I had used the 2 email addresses before so told to reset the password via the link they would send me, which they did for a change but failed as I had to login to reset the password!!. Anyway I managed to pay by card without having to log in somehow (not paypal) and waited for a confirmation email. This morning I got an email saying the transaction had gone through but there were more security checks to complete. Haven't made up my mind if this a scam or they are being serious as they want a photo of my payment card with some numbers covered up and a photocopy of my passport and bank statement as proof I was me.

I told them that there was no way any firm would ask for this to be done and if they insisted they could cancel the order-a massive £7+ or $9.81.

All this for a switch I could have got off ebay for £2 more but from a supplier I had not heard of.

Rant over but still frustrated that a simple order has got so complicated

John

Oh JT, I am retired now but was involved in secured sites, and poor old Hobbyking are trying, automatically, to protect your account from repeated email log in attempts. The system then locks up and demands ratifying.

For future, clear the sign in box to a blank, as it can hold dots dashes and even white lettering that you cannot see, and of course you log in and get nowhere. Also, clear the password sign in box, and don't allow auto fill to fill it out incorrectly. Unintentionally at some point we make an error signing in and auto fills out the box incorrectly, it is infuriating.

John

You have to remember that these suppliers have to protect against anyone trying to create a fraudulent account.

Two email addresses attempting to set up the same password or any such combination will almost certainly be blocked.

If you seek a new password you have to be aware that unless you tell your browser otherwise it may think it is an 'unsafe' email and puts it straight in the 'junk' folder. Then if you don't act on the first new password message and simply try again you are very likely to get you account frozen until it is sorted out.

All I can say is that I have had no trouble with Hobbyking through 44 orders spread over 4 years apart from some horrendously long delivery times from the 'International' warehouse.

Then there is the usual grumble about the cost of post and packaging when you can usually get the same thing direct from China for a similar price & post free! wink 2

Denis. I tried clearing the password/email boxes as you suggested, even filling them and clearing with no effect.

Today 2 new reset passwords arrived and the second one worked ok so I am now logged in. My order seems to have disappeared, not surprising as I told them to cancel it, but have not had confirmation that it has been cancelled so will wait a few days and try again.

Last problem is the email had a screen shot which showed "my account" which is not showing up on my screen, so I can't find a way to change my password from the new one to something easier to remember.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

John

John

Once you have successfully logged in to Hobbyking there is a blue box in the top left hand corner with your name in it.

If you click on that your "account page" will show.

Click on the "Account settings and tools" tab will display a yellow "Modify personal information" box which then allows you to reset your password.

I hope this helps.

Honestly John there is nothing weird or wrong with HK's login screens! Start at the very bottom of the page, click 'Account settings':

hk1.jpg

Then 'Settings & tools' :

hk2.jpg

Then 'Modify personal info'

hk3.jpg

Note that it wants your new password, then your new password again, then your old password:

hk4.jpg

Cheers
Phil

PS the most frequent cause of password problems is the 'caps lock' key smiley

Edited By Phil Green on 26/10/2016 16:56:28

Hi John, The very same thing happened to me over the w/end. Found I was locked out following several p/word tries so I followed Alex Whittaker's advice which is " If at first you don't succeed, walk away lad, walk away". The next day I used the last p/word they sent and logged in first go. Could well have been a site problem.

Posted by Rocker on 26/10/2016 16:11:28:

You are not the only one I will not use them ,you get what you pay for I would rather pay a bit more and keep my local Model Shop going !!!

That's all well and good if you actually have a local model shop, some of us don't. wink

I noticed that HK is installing software to try and protect themselves from DDOS attacks (as per the attack using video cameras etc that blocked access to major US Websites last week). I would draw a couple of conclusions from that:

1) HK is suffering from DDOS attacks.
2) Maybe the people instigating the DDOS attacks are trying to blackmail HK “We will stop flooding your servers if you pay us a lot of money every day”?

For anyone who does not know it, please be aware that Web criminality is a huge, growing and very well organized global business.

So if you are having issues with the HK Website, the chances are that HK have bigger ones!

• 1 year later...

seeing my name come up on the latest post page (for Dennis' post on this thread), it threw me as I hadn't posted with regard to this matter since last year. I have successfully used Hobbyking since with no trouble. Never did get my money back for the cancelled order that started this thread though.

John

I too have had trouble signing in to HK even after they told me my account has been re instated .I have tried a ll the tips given and still got no where I've now given up despite paying for a small recent order by .card .

Edited By onetenor on 01/11/2017 21:33:36

Edited By onetenor on 01/11/2017 21:40:52

• 3 weeks later...