Design & Build FW 200 Condor / Syndicato

Robert Parker

I am guessing the Bauhaus influence on the colour scheme.

Again a really great model.

I am wondering if the issues with respect to some of your controls, is related to the demands of multiple ESCs. Although my delta is a twin, it is low powered with low ampage ESCs. However i have had issues with my Bf 110, with servos and consistency with the motors, which appeared to be ESC related.

Thanks both, this is the first time she has stood on her own legs.

The photos show the 7 x 4 props which drew 18amps on a quick test I did this morning.

Erfolg, this is the first time I have encountered such issues and my third 4 motor aircraft. the other two are fine although I have not flown either extensively as of yet. But I do have an additional 5 servos in this aircraft which may account for this, as I have said earlier I have removed all of the rd wired from the ESC's so this should help along with a dedicated RX battery.

This afternoon I applied the decals, now she has come alive, I'll do another photo shoot and post them up soon.

I still have to fit the new Lipo tray, fit the RX battery and the switch harness then check the balance.

Regards

Robert

Robert

Your experience, is somewhat like Deja vu to me. I do not clearly remember how i finally fixed my own issues. Perhaps the lesson for me is that i supposed I was and am the only person this type of problem has happened to. On that basis, i saw the issue as personal, and not applicable or of interest to others. It was on that basis that I go on with finding a solution, understanding not being the highest priority, that being finding something that worked, to my unique, of no interest to others issue.

What really matters is that you have over come the problem.

I hope that the flying experience goes as well as the model looks.

Thank you Colin,

Yes she certainly has grown on me over the build and looking forward to the maiden when I pluck up the courage and run out of excuses not to fly her.

New flight battery tray fitted and new battery ordered, Rx battery installed. Need to find a position for the switch and balance her again for CoG and lateral balance.

Regards

Robert

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I had to put aside the Condor for a bit as out of the blue my son, aged 11, suddenly crept out from being in front of his Xbox etc and wanted to go flying with me, so as I had nothing suitable for him to fly at the time I gave him a brief go on the sticks with my Ripmax Extreme since then he has been on the simulator and he is now hooked as well as becoming a member of the BMFA. Since then coupled with a holiday abroad my time has been taken with getting a Flair Cub which we built ready for flight, re-engined it as it was under powered with an OS 25, new TX for him just need a bit of decent weather for him to have a proper go.

I have decided to tidy up the wiring a bit on the Condor as it was a bit messy and hope to finish that over the weekend. Then check everything over and check again and I think we should be good to go for the maiden weather permitting.

Regards

Robert

Hi All,

The Condor is officially finished and awaiting her maiden flight.

I went flying today almost took the condor, glad I did not the field was water logged moss and our models suffered from the drag on take off just about able to build up airspeed on take off and coming to a sudden holt on landing with low cloud and showers.

Just have to be patient for the field to dry out.

Regards

Robert

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi All,

Just finished checking and double checking the Condor over control throws set and rates added and bound my new TX, all set for tomorrows maiden flight. I have made enough excuses and I'm going for it.

I'll keep you all posted on how we got on and hopefully I'll have a few flying shots yes

Regards

Robert

Hi All,

Well the weather was perfect with a slight breeze coming in straight down the strip the grass was short, the Condor lined up and.....

condor ready to go.jpg

a wave from the pilot and....

condor taxi.jpg

nothing she managed a fast taxi at full throttle sad just not enough to get aloft I'm glad to say I think she would have really struggled and I would have ended up picking the pieces.

Having checked the throttle end points - OK

Flight battery charged fully - OK

So what went wrong with my calculations.

Flight battery 4max 3s 6000mah 40c

ESC'c Turnigy plushy 40

Motors; Turnigy 2836/11/750kv

Props: APC 7x5.

Any ideas anyone????

I'm considering changing the battery to 4s and changing the props to 3 blade 8x6 reduced down to 7 3/4"

The props are the cheapest to start with.

I have enough room for a 4s to fit in the fuselage,

However, I might struggle to fit a 35mm brushless motor without a fair bit of work and a fiddle at that, one motor not too bad but 4.

I'm open to suggestions on this

Regards

Robert

Magnificent build.

Taking a quick look at the motor, and particular the reviews that have been added for the motor it looks to me as though some users have discovered that the prop information given in the specifications is incorrect. The review that is currently first in the list indicates that the motor is being used with 11 inch props and a little further down the reviews you find this comment:

“Great motor for a slow stick (original). HK has the wrong prop specs: at 11.1 volts, a 3S LIPO, the normal prop to use ranges from a 11 X 6 (12 amp draw) up to a 12 X 6 (15 amp draw).”

I think that may be your problem. You either need bigger props (is there ground clearance?) or more volts (as you suggest) or even possibly to consider swapping the motors for higher KV units.

Edited By GrahamC on 23/07/2018 20:19:21

I have used thye D2826/6 @2200kv on 6*4 pulling 245w

a D2826/10 1400kv on a 7*4 pulling 164w

Keda 2834 1050 KV 0n a 9*6 pulling 140w

plus a flying wing, on a similar type of motor, although I cannot find the details.

non of my motors pull much current, or are particularly sprightly, other than the Pushy Cat on the 22000Kv motor. All the models are small about 36" span.

Edited By Erfolg on 23/07/2018 21:00:08