Try not to catch a flying quad copter

cymaz

The only caution needed is that Darwin has as yet failed with that pair of brain dead idiots so you might come into contact with them.

£3000 3kg very powerful DJI Inspire as a raw beginner machine, deciding to go solo after incomplete training, takes along second person with no common sense at all, who then bitches to the press, who as expected take the anti-drone tack.

How many people with money have gone out with FAR too powerful a car and injured, maimed and killed? Ditto Motorbike? Even AFTER training and a test. Common Sense cannot be trained nor controlled by registration.

The owner of the drone had money beyond common sense let alone anything else.

We are still back to the press maliciously promoting the big bad drone as the ultimate focus for public hate.

"who then bitches to the press, who as expected take the anti-drone tack."

I'm seeing a relatively neutral tone in the BBC article.

At least the man is lucky to retain a fully usable hand and eyesight, and has said (I paraphrase) "I'll use drones but I'm going to get some training".

Both the outcome and the story could have been a lot, lot worse.

This sort of incident was inevitable.

I'm certain big powerful cars and bikes are still available for moneyed idiots to use to take themselves out.

Aviation, in all sizes, is a harsh mistress. . You get the test first - and the results of the test - before you get the education.

Let's hope these people are fast learners . . . because spinning propellers do not make allowances for men, women or children, or for anyone with no experience. . They don't take prisoners.

B.C.

My instructor said to me after I passed my A test, ( just before I did my first solo flight). " now you will learn to fly"... Obviously meaning that it's up to me to make the judgement call if something goes wrong. How can this bloke just think he can fly a quad with no training?face 10...eeejet

No accounting for stupid!!

When I tell people I fly model aircraft and we get chatting about engines etc. They ask how big are the props? They are often surprised how big models can get. I simply say, would you put your fingers in a lawn mower or food mixed?

Dangerous things these Drones, why isn't there some legislation to control their use. wink

For me, it just demonstrates that no amount of Legislation, Laws or Regulations will protect us or even themselves from idiots or those determined to abuse "Drones".

But then, all we here know that, don't we?

Edited By BackinBlack on 24/07/2017 20:30:22

Posted by john stones 1 on 24/07/2017 19:52:30:

And how many of you have had a finger in a prop then ?

Me ? never face 1

Once and it bled for a couple of minutes.....I get more pain and anguish at the flying field from

1. Horse (grey) flies
  2. Midges
  3. Clearing up unwanted dog do left by dog walkers who don't give a s..(sense of responsibility)
  4. Numb fingers in the winter
  5. Forgetting something at home when 4 mins from the flying gate

Edited By cymaz on 24/07/2017 20:38:07