Aldi Special - How far off topic can we get?

Plummet

I know that Aldi has some useful tools for sale from time to time, but ...

For the first time in my life I have just prepared a meal using a packet "sauce mix".  (Actually, I did try the Vesta dehydrated stuff, but in my view that doesn't count.)  I do a lot of cooking and I do a lot of Indian cookery - having had several trips to India, and during those trips I would get into as many kitchens as possible to learn cooking skills and methods.

One of our favourite areas of India to visit is Kerala, and Aldi is now selling a "Kerala Curry mix", and I have just eaten the results.

I have to admit that the result is really really good.

There is also a Goan pack. We have yet to try it, but I would thoroughly recommend the Keralan one.

Enjoy!

Plummet

Edited By Plummet on 19/08/2017 20:58:02

Advert

Posted by Chris Barlow on 19/08/2017 21:32:55:

Johnny Cash "Ring of fire"

(I just know a mod is goanna pull this)

laugh

Actually ... No. It was quite mild actually. There was a whole dried red chilli in the spice mix but the end result was not very hot. Unless, like me, you eat the chilli.

Perhaps 'end result' was a bad choice of words there.

Plummet

I'm in two minds about Aldi. On the one hand their Neapolitan wafers are irresistable and I've nearly always got a box in the freezer. On the other hand they also stock all manner of Italian treats and a large pack of amarettini last me about a day so have to be avoided like the plague. Unfortunately the route to the tools usually passes the Italian specials embarrassed

Not too far off topic I'm afaid..

I bought a Workzone 12V Li-ion drill the other week for £30. It's absolutely perfect for my needs, just what I had been looking for. It's small, nicely balanced with battery inside the handle. and it's light. I came across it purely by chance, Aldi is not a shop I visit regularly. I prefer Lidl for my fresh croissants.

Ash

That sounds like the drill i purchased, absolutely great. Even if it dies in the near future, it will already be better value than my Bosch Nicad drill/screwdriver. The first pack lasted no great time, the replacement, just about did one charge, that is before expiring, in that its useful usage time was a matter of minutes. The Bosch was some ridiculous money and the replacement battery pack as much as the Li-ion replacement drill.

So far it has been great, seemingly driving screws in for ever, it is the same story drilling holes.

It was this site where I spotted both the recommendation, and it was on offer.