Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 03/12/2017 17:14:25:

I am looking forward to your take on the build with both the 110 and the 109......

Me too Matey, I am looking forward to getting the sound system working, even got the latest one for the 109 and has the Benz 601 IIRC, also looking forwards to giving the brown paper covering a go, it looks a lot less fuss than glassing in it gives a nice reasonable surface to paint with less work than the glass.

Advert

Posted by Graham R on 03/12/2017 17:26:26:

Nigel

Wishing you a speedy recovery. My wife had a hip replacement 3 years ago. What a difference it made. Went from one who couldn't sleep at night crippled with pain to absolute normality within a couple of months.

Thanks Graham, that is reassuring as I certainly recognise what she went through, I can’t remember the last time I had a full nights sleep and not feeling permanently tired, thinking I can do mundane things and realising, usually too late, that I really can’t😳

Can I get a quick shout on which version you are going for ?

What I mean is . E for Emil or the F/G ?

That way I can cut down on the number of wasted nose mouldings .

It is not critical, so if someone changes their mind I wont throw myself off a bridge (fear of heights) (fear of impacts ) (fear of rough looking corpse etc) .

The electric powered F/G model is going to be the default because we have the spinners and they are cheap .

The ally ones for the e model are very nice but as they will be machined from solid ally they will be about £25 .

Dont bother with PMs

just post a one liner .

Posted by McG 6969 on 04/12/2017 21:08:16:

... No idea at all what "F/G" could mean, Richard... angel

... but just following the majority and thus able to state "F/G" as well... I'll keep my 'revolutionary & rebel' ideas for another occasion. yes

Cheers

Chris

Chris , you werent on the list on page six , did I miss something ?

Richard

Posted by peter harvey 1 on 04/12/2017 21:09:52:

Nigel, never tried a sound system, but it sounds great (no pun intended ), when you get it up and running could you give us an intro into how you do it, it would be much appreciated by someone like me who has just dabbled with the dark side

cheers

Peter

Of course Peter, this is my first venture too, I always thought they were a bit toyish but after hearing a few I am sold on them, I think the start up and ground running is still a bit lacking or at least a little difficult to be too believable which I think is the most difficult thing to replicate but in the air they are actually quite good and at least makes it seem authentic I have the MrRCSound units, the V 4.1 for the BF110 and the Aspire for the 109 they are on the upper end of the systems price wise but I do have an HK one and it does make great Farty noises!

I would have put them together before now and done a piece on them had it not been for the medication I am on, I have trouble concentrating with these painkillers so although simple and straight forward to put together I did not want to fry anything until I at least can remain awake!🤣😜

Hi Guys n plumbers..

Well not a lot been going on as been busy modifying bits for a mate.

Anyway did a little to the flap servo installation.

You could quite easily hot glue him in... but ... you know I love to tinker soo I made it removable but well fixed in place. the pictures tell it a lot better than me spending ages typing..

20171212_185452.jpg

20171212_185503.jpg

20171212_185833.jpg

It needs the arm length adjusting but you get the picture... Not a good video but hey...!

https://youtu.be/9ckGHUYHiPw

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 12/12/2017 19:41:11