Pedantic

kevin b

Advert

Arrr, but a Trot would put you down with, " you don't know your history mate". Forgive the over familiar language, but Trots are not allowed to admit they went to school.

And by school, I do not mean School, as an Etonian would refer to his place of education.

But never trust a Trot who went to School.

But the Golden thread is I'm bored, fed up with winter. Yesterday I decided at 9am not to invest in some indoor kits for next winter. By 8pm, they were ordered, and with the bits ( vital) I was £160 down. Add that to the £60 a fine lunch cost, though getting SWMBO sqiffy, and noisy was entertaining. If this weather does not improve I will file for bankruptcy. Apologies for the American last phrase.

Can't believe no one has brought up the excessive use of the word 'like' which many people, dare I say particularly the younger generation appear to adore squeezing as many as possible into a sentence; and of course that wonderful expression 'I'm like' also used to excess (once is too much).

It's like they can't string a sentence together properly anymore and I'm like, whats that all about; there was a time when we were taught like English at school but now it's like that does not happen anymore and I'm like, rather concerned.

Knock knock WHO is there , However the use of like in this way isn't new. It was prevalent when I was a lad and I'm 75 in a few days. The other were the use of thingy instead of thing. and y'know Like The like as used in that instance can be applied to both of them. There are probably other examples but can't think of more just now.

Cheers John