BMFA SUBS

CARPERFECT

Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 29/11/2018 16:35:12:
Posted by Cuban8 on 29/11/2018 16:18:01:

Just another thing that's come to mind - the annual members' stickers. I'm bound to be asked, will they still be available?

Current plan is to enclose them in the 2nd BMFA news of the year.

smiley well that makes sence , lots like the covering repaire patch, so there will be less grum pies to appeaseangel

Posted by SIMON CRAGG on 29/11/2018 17:19:24:

It has probably been mentioned already but "GO" Membership has taken a lot of time / effort / expense to set up. We went to the Southern Area presentation last night which was outstanding!. Behind the scenes the BMFA put in an inordinate amount of work for us. Long may they prosper.....and a huge well done!

Yes, I'm with you on that. I attended the East Anglia presentation a while back and can attest to the commitment that Andy and the others give to the hobby. There's bound to be a few glitches with any new system, but, so far, so good.

Posted by Cuban8 on 29/11/2018 17:12:21:

Now all the moaners will have to open the magazine if they want their stickerlaugh

Is it just me?

I've been back in the hobby for five years or so and a BMFA member for all of that time, and I've never seen a sticker!!surprise

Are some people getting more than their fair whack of the stickerage?angry 2

Can I get a refund, do you think??wink

Kim

Posted by Kim Taylor on 29/11/2018 19:38:39:

Now all the moaners will have to open the magazine if they want their stickerlaugh

Is it just me?

I've been back in the hobby for five years or so and a BMFA member for all of that time, and I've never seen a sticker!!surprise

Kim

Did you join the BMFA as a Country Member (ie. directly) or through a club? For country members the sticker should have been sent with your membership card. For club members, they are sent to the clubs to distribute along with the cards.

Posted by Keith Lomax on 30/11/2018 08:51:19:
Posted by Kim Taylor on 29/11/2018 19:38:39:

Is it just me?

Kim

Did you join the BMFA as a Country Member (ie. directly) or through a club? For country members the sticker should have been sent with your membership card. For club members, they are sent to the clubs to distribute along with the cards.

Hi Keith

I originally joined as a country member but for the last 3 or 4 years through a club. Tbh I may have received a sticker with my initial (country) membership, but I don't remember. I do recall that there were no handbooks available at that time - I think they were being updated.

Perhaps I need to grease someones palm at the club!!wink

No big deal anyway, it was mock outrage!devil

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

As my club's membership sec. I've found the new portal to be fine - as with anything new it takes a while to get used to the different appearance, but it's essentially the same as we had before. We still have our hundred or so members buy their BMFA membership via the club, rather than arrange their own through the portal, in that way it concentrates members' attention on renewing by the end of the year and I can get everything done in one hit towards the end of the month. I suspect that many would see it as an excuse to leave their renewal to later on, when the weather gets better, but they'd still have to pay the club portion now and it could get confusing and a tad messy to keep track of.

No cost savings for us as we'll still be posting out club membership cards and other info, albeit without the old BMFA stuff. Not a problem.

Posted by Rocker on 18/12/2018 12:06:27:

Our club has drop there fees by £4 for 2019smiley to compensate the BMFA rise

Be prepared to be charging not a lot then as the years go by, as I suspect that we haven't seen the last of the BMFA increases.wink

Seems an odd thing for a club to do.

Fair enough Tigerman. I suppose it depends on a club's individual circumstances. Both of the clubs that I belong to, have to keep around £10K in the bank in case money is needed PDQ to rent/lease a field here in the SE (that's assuming you can find one). Forget about buying anywhere, you're talking multi-hundreds of thousands of pounds. All the more reason not to upset our current landlords or be a nuisance to those nearby.

Edited By Cuban8 on 18/12/2018 14:32:47