Malcolm Corbin Easy Street

Advert

I sold my original Easy Street last Sunday at a swap meet. I built it years ago when they first came out and never actually flew it. They had a bad reputation with NiCads and brushed 600 motor. In fact I saw the review Easy Street crash at a Greenacres electric fly-in. Probably much better with a brushless motor and LiPo but I couldn't get any of my 3S 2200 to fit and I didn't feel like buying any batteries specially for it.

I hope the guy who bought it has some fun.

Geoff

Seems like one of those designs that was ahead of it's power system. I always thought it looked like a mini pattern ship and remember being keen to build one at the time. I've gone all nostalgic. Good to hear they fly well given the right urge.

Martin, I remember 8 cell sub c packs - not light in the least. And a pretty good achievement copying one from pictures.

Brian: I have sent you a PM  

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 02/03/2019 08:37:40

Posted by Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 02/03/2019 08:32:55:

Seems like one of those designs that was ahead of it's power system. I always thought it looked like a mini pattern ship and remember being keen to build one at the time. I've gone all nostalgic.

Not that far ahead of its time. The Galaxy Models Aerojet and Howard Metcalfe Crossfire both pre-date the Easy Street and flew well on NiCds and can motors. I still have the my 22yr old Crossfire **LINK**, now upgraded to LiPo/Brushless operation of course.

Trevor

• 4 months later...

In answer to yhe question about the plan being available. No it was definitely produced specifically as a kit for Ripmax/Balsacraft.

I built the original kit version and with brushed 600 and nicads can agree with others about it being ahead of its time for the power system.

I have been looking at the artf version as with a brushless motor should be pretty darned good.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 12/07/2019 10:54:53:

I had the ARTF mk1 version with a brushless/3S lipo setup and it was (in my opinion) a nicer machine than the current Mk2 ARTF offering.

Bob

I have just acquired a Mk1 airframe and am looking to spec a LiPo/brushless setup.

What motor/ESC/LiPo do you use?

Got any pictures?

Edited By BikerDon on 12/07/2019 22:03:44

If its any help I use a 1700kv Mystery motor 2836, with a 40 amp ESC with 2000 lipos , with SD200 servos

The motors were from ebay for £11 complete with the esc (each) and still going strong !! a long time ago

I actually have 3 Easy Streets smiley and a Crossfire !

All fast and smooth .

My mate put a Hyperion motor in his and it was faster than mine !

Posted by Stuphedd on 12/07/2019 22:32:52:

If its any help I use a 1700kv Mystery motor 2836, with a 40 amp ESC with 2000 lipos , with SD200 servos

The motors were from ebay for £11 complete with the esc (each) and still going strong !! a long time ago

I actually have 3 Easy Streets smiley and a Crossfire !

All fast and smooth .

My mate put a Hyperion motor in his and it was faster than mine !

Thanks Stu(?), very useful starting point for my power train design 👍🏻

Edited By BikerDon on 13/07/2019 20:15:16

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 13/07/2019 13:10:27:

Don, no pictures as it was a fair while ago. IIRC I used a generic 3536 sort of can with a 40A esc and a 2200 3S pack slotted under the wing. Same sort of setup as you'd find in a Wot 4 foamy.

Likewise Bob, thanks, very useful starting point for my power train design 👍🏻

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Stuphedd on 12/07/2019 22:32:52:

What size prop?