Good news thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been without central heating for a few days. One quote to replace PCB and gas valves at £460.00 + VAT but suggested new boiler. A bit of research and a replacement PCB from EBay for £43.00 which I fitted fixed the problem. See the problem, I could even have saved the £43.00.20191108_183144.jpg

Posted by Don Fry on 08/11/2019 19:53:36:

Short, excess solder, bottom right?

John, sorry about your lad. Strange Autumn. In a statistically impossible set of strange seasons. I'm watching my river. Am I right, it's the second time in three? years that area has been done by fast flows off the hills.

10 years ago, he tells me, not as bad this time and not as many affected, insurance was more difficult after the last time, so that could be fun for him, not. It's only stuff and can be replaced, and my dogs got someone to play with now. cat

Bang on Bob. Bottom row third from left which is live to the fan. A few others show early signs of the same failure. Apparently its the constant change in temp as the boiler fires up and cools down which stresses the joint.

My Mum lost her car in floods a few years back over Christmas and was inches from her flat being taken.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This'll make you laugh.

Chap at our club told me today that he decided to take his pulse on a whim, put two fingers on his wrist and found his heart was missing a beat. In a panic he told his wife who told him to see the doctor who said it seemed fine but, just to be on the safe side, he should have an ECG. So off he went to the hospital for an ECG where the results came back fine.

When he got home he realised that the two fingers he put on his wrist were the ones he put into a running i.c. prop earlier in the year and after which he was forced to attend A&E for repairs. Then he remembered those finger tips still have reduced sensitivity after the accident smile

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 04/11/2020 15:41:46

• 2 weeks later...