Good news thread.

Thunder storm just clearing. Four week holiday, water packed in on the caravan, as did the bog flush. The wind blew all the time. The only flying I got was illegal, but if any full size fancies flying under the trees, guilty.

Got back, house has a leak. Tame plumber, in Bordeaux until August. Sorted it myself, too old to do this.

Not too bad.

Good news.......

1 RCME is still being published when other mags disappeared and still has 'free' plans.

2 Modelflying forum still continues

3 We can all afford to eat

4 Our flying field has not yet closed even though house building threatened closure by the end of May

5 End of May

6 " she who must be obeyed " has just said dinner is served so I have run out of news for now......

Posted by Martin Harris on 12/06/2019 20:08:50:

Thought for the a rainy day.

If a misery guts is only happy when he's moaning, is a moan actually happy news?

Edited By Martin Harris on 12/06/2019 20:10:14

I'm still trying to work that one out.

Here's my good news.

I'm actually getting things to grow in my greenhouse.

My £8.00 a month endowment just matured.

The TopFlite P-47 kit I was given (3rd hand, so you can guess the state !) to complete is now starting to look like a model aeroplane kit.

All this has to be tempered with the fact that I got out of bed this morning (early) to see if it was windy, or raining. I couldn't tell because of the fog. crook

Plumber has just left, the expected £110 bill ended up as £75. He arrived on time, had everything he needed to complete the job, wiped his boots on the way in, didn't smoke and has all the approvals for plumbing and central heating work. I'd rate that as the equivalent of a small lottery winlaugh