BMFA News Dec 2019

ken anderson.

Advert

With our club AGM tomorrow evening, the arrival ot the BMFA News yesterday couldn't have been better timed!

Hopefully our members will be more clued-up on DMARES than they otherwise might have been, plus I've got some useful info (the inserts as well as the p.50 article) to refer them to if they've got any questions that I can't answer!

Thanks Andy & co... thumbs up

I agree entirely with all of the positive comments above.

As far as I'm aware, the BMFA doesn't make anything out of collecting the £9.00 CAA fee, but if the member who it applies to pays their fee to the BMFA via credit card the BMFA is allowed to deduct the credit card fee, so only passes on the remainder to the CAA. £8.80 or something like that. That was as pointed out at the recent BMFA AGM, so the BMFA doesn't make a loss on the transaction.

Our club (Bedford and District) had its AGM last week and after the usual proceedings we helped a number of our members who were concerned about the test to take it on the night, online using a couple of PCs connected to the internet. Their fears were dispelled, all passed and all paid their £9.00 fee along with their BMFA and Club renewals. This evening I have renewed nearly 30 members on the BMFA portal and registered them at the same time. All worked well.

The latest BMFA News explains it all very clearly as well. The included exemptions will save each member having to print them at home, though the 400 ft exemption was not included for some reason, or not with my copy anyway.

So yes it's a definite thumbs up to Andy and the rest of those at the BMFA who have made everything as easy as it could be.

Brian W.

Posted by RottenRow on 08/12/2019 21:55:54:

The latest BMFA News explains it all very clearly as well. The included exemptions will save each member having to print them at home, though the 400 ft exemption was not included for some reason, or not with my copy anyway.

The two new exemptions 1327 and 1331 state on them that a copy of the exemption along with a copy of the relevant documents must be carried by the remote pilot at the time of the flight. The older 400ft exemption does not state this.

Posted by Gary Manuel on 08/12/2019 23:18:31:
Posted by RottenRow on 08/12/2019 21:55:54:

The two new exemptions 1327 and 1331 state on them that a copy of the exemption along with a copy of the relevant documents must be carried by the remote pilot at the time of the flight. The older 400ft exemption does not state this.

Thanks for pointing this out Gary, I hadn't noticed that.

Brian W.