PSSA Mass Build weekend attenders

Yep, the plan is to be there as part of the Belgian delegation.

No idea if the Dog will be able to fly though... I'll do my best but I will also will have to find a test-pilot. Do some of the MB participants do use Taranis gear and a X8R Rx?

As she gets increasingly intrigued, Iris will join me as well.

So, I would like to have some assistance to find a B&B local to the Grand Orme. Is that possible?

Cheers

Chris

I should be there unless I repeat the mistake I made with the Hurricane mass build and try and do 4 all nighters in the run up to the meeting trying to get the Sabre done....live and learn...

I've been meaning to ask: due to the date set for the mass build event is it still anticipated to hold the Lleyn event either last weekend of June or first weekend July? I know nothing will be set in stone yet, just wondering what the plan is...

Posted by McG 6969 on 15/12/2019 09:53:08:

Yep, the plan is to be there as part of the Belgian delegation.

No idea if the Dog will be able to fly though... I'll do my best but I will also will have to find a test-pilot. Do some of the MB participants do use Taranis gear and a X8R Rx?

As she gets increasingly intrigued, Iris will join me as well.

So, I would like to have some assistance to find a B&B local to the Grand Orme. Is that possible?

Cheers

Chris

Chris, I am sure that there will be a profundity of volunteers to help you. I think Mode 1 or Mode 2 will be the decider rather than the make of TX, as we can all fly any transmitter really. Tim Mackie is your local lad. He also works for the Council. There are literally hundreds of B&B's in Llandudno as it is a holiday town. You should have no problem Phil Cooke will tell you where he is staying. Dirk can also advise as he has stayed there before. There is a good Premier Inn where we have stayed before at Llandudno Junction, Trip Advisor will also help a lot. We usually meet for a meal at the Cottage Loaf on the Saturday night which Phil books. All places are very close to the Orme. Looking forward to meeting you next year

Thank you for your time to forward some great advices, Peter.

I'm basically Mode 2 with the ol' Spektrum but I bought a Taranis 9+ early this year. Still unused unfortunately as I still have to download Companion and get into it...

I'm pretty sure Phil or Dirk will advise properly, about B&B, down the road.

That 'Cottage Leaf' on Saturday evening, you're mentioning, sounds like a good plan altogether.

Thanks again

Cheers

Chris

I'll be there probably with Noah and his camera too. All these Sabres and excellent weather booked it will be quite a spectacle!

The food in the Cottage Loaf is fantastic Chris, definitely worth it! I use FrSky OS on my Horus X12 but also Open TX on my X7S so you should be OK. I'm sure there are some others using OpenTX too.

As mentioned above it's also the Weston Park Model Show the weekend after so might be worth stopping over for the week and paying that a visit too. Amazing model airshow with just about everything RC as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Neil,

The Great Orme is a fantastic place to fly, and the PSSA group are a very friendly bunch. It is worth visiting for the social aspect alone!

I am happy to set up my buddy-box system for you to fly my Sabre, weather permitting, as I have both mode1 & 2 available.

Ade (**LINK**) is also modelling the "Golden Hawks" Sabre and may be able to help out with which specific paint colours/markings etc that he is using. Have a look at his thread and ask questions!

Martin.

Very thoughtful offer of the buddy box help, thanks Martin. I’ll certainly look at the link and seek advice from Ade. I’m not one for reinventing wheels!

My only slope experience to date is a couple of times at Ivinghoe on mild days and a 3 day outing to a very blustery Mam Tor with 3 mates last spring (primarily flying a foam wing which was, fortunately, virtually indestructible).

• 2 weeks later...

For the group photo on the day of the comp, thought it might be nice to have small flag from each country taking part (even if not actually able to attend on the day!!). Sabre kit has been sold to 8 or 9 countries so far!! could be laid out on grass in front or on small flag poles behind us?? Would mean builders from USA, Japan etc could at least feel a part of the weekend??

Any thoughts??

(Might even let the English bring one!!?!?!?!?)laughlaughlaugh