Will we continue to get the magazine (RCM&E)?

Brian Dorricott 1

Posted by Joost Roeleveld on 15/04/2020 14:38:33:

Update for all, after spending an afternoon on hold, I managed to get the following info:

1) All issues will still be delivered later this year. (Anyone else calling, please ask the same question to get this confirmed)

2) The subscription number I can see on my account is for my PRINT subscription. For the digital subscription there is a different number. (With that one it now works to read the issues on my phone and tablet). Why it used to work with the PRINT subscription is something the lady on the phone could not answer.

The phone number is:

UK: 0344 243 9023 International: +44 1604 828 748

Opening times are shortened (9 AM - 5PM)

This is when I was told the issues were only "on hold" and I would still get them.

I was not informed of any change to this. If this has changed, I will, to put it mildly, not be amused.

You would think that paying a subscription would be regarded as a contract - you pay the sub and they have to supply or be in breach of that contract? Maybe there is something in the small print that allows one side to renage on the contract in some circumstances.

However for Joost and others there might be a solution. Many RCME readers read the magazine and then put it to one side and throw them away after few months or give them to friends. Maybe an advert or posting offering to swap your local RC magazine for the RCME you want would produce a reply that suits both with delivery when the situation allows. I suggest 2 of yours for one of theirs is the sort of thing to tempt as not many Englishmen speak or read foreign languages so they would be getting less of interest.

I was very lucky and a gentleman contacted me a few weeks back in regards to the missed copies. We currently have an agreement that whatever issues that I missed he'll send to me as long as I pay the postage. I'm happy to do that. Now we are just waiting to see what turns up in the mail.

Thanks again Kevin if you're still watching smiley yes

As a foreign subscriber (The Netherlands) I received my printed July copy in the mail today!
I hope this means that, as far as RCM&E is concerned, things are getting back to 'normal'

So what about the printed May and June issues, are we still going to get these by mail ?

This is the reply I got:

We are happy to say that overseas posting has been resumed with the lastest July issue and so will currently be on its way to you now. Please do allow a few weeks for it to get to you, as although it has been resumed it is a little slower than it was before.
Any issues that you've missed during this pause have been added onto the end of your current subscription term so that you receive everything that you've paid for.

But we are waiting for clarification that you will either receive the missing issues (which may be difficult as the print runs were reduced) or you have the same amount of issues added to the end of your subscription. From the wording of the above, I think they intend to simply add extra issues to the end of your subscription...

Edited By Alfred Vink on 03/07/2020 09:32:58

Giddy-up, my paper copy of the July RCM&E arrived in Canada Today. Such great quality magazine, and I Always have a look at the pull out plans. Digital is great, but I really missed the paper.        Jon.

Edited By Jon Harper on 13/07/2020 22:43:22

• 4 weeks later...

I have been waiting months for the print issues from my print/digital subscription that were suspended during COVID. An email from the publisher stated I "would be getting everything I paid for." At the time I found that reassuring.

After reading this thread, and seeing the dismay and frustration at the lack of communication I have experienced being echoed so exactly here, I feel foolish for believing them.

I read through this topic and created a list. Subscribers who found this obscure corner of the forum and reported trouble getting overseas issues mailed were:

Glenn Ryan, Max Z, Joost Roeleveld, Alfred Vink, Fun Flyer, A Davidson, Maurice Dyer, Ernie, Steve Ralph, Robert chamberlain, Piet Timmermans, Pete B - Moderator,Tim A, Thomas Dunker, Kc.

I add myself to this list.

I thought that resubscribing to print/digital a couple of months ago would be a good idea. I emailed asking when the issues I've paid for will be delivered but get no response.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 13/08/2020 09:16:49

Posted by mrwood on 13/08/2020 08:22:34:

I have been waiting months for the print issues from my print/digital subscription that were suspended during COVID. An email from the publisher stated I "would be getting everything I paid for." At the time I found that reassuring.

After reading this thread, and seeing the dismay and frustration at the lack of communication I have experienced being echoed so exactly here, I feel foolish for believing them.

I read through this topic and created a list. Subscribers who found this obscure corner of the forum and reported trouble getting overseas issues mailed were:

Glenn Ryan, Max Z, Joost Roeleveld, Alfred Vink, Fun Flyer, A Davidson, Maurice Dyer, Ernie, Steve Ralph, Robert chamberlain, Piet Timmermans, Pete B - Moderator,Tim A, Thomas Dunker, Kc.

I add myself to this list.

I thought that resubscribing to print/digital a couple of months ago would be a good idea. I emailed asking when the issues I've paid for will be delivered but get no response.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 13/08/2020 09:16:49

Ok, well I've removed your threats Mr Wood, no need for that here but, of course, you must do what you think right in the circumstances.

For now I'll ask our subscriptions manager to get straight onto your case, see what the situation is and PM you.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 13/08/2020 09:19:21

Hi All,

Of course its annoying not to get our regular issues of RCM&E, but things are difficult, Give them a bit of slack. What we certainly dont need are USA style legal threats. Hey my plane crashed.....Sue Hobbyking. Hey my engine stopped.......Sue OS

ernie

Please note I am not an overseas subscriber, so i should not be on that list!

However I did make a comment with a practical suggestion. My suggestion was that as many people throw out magazines after reading them it would be worth asking if any UK reader has these now several months old magazines they don't want and offering a swop of some kind or money.. So an advert on the forum saying WANTED RCME May & June ( or whatever) would likely get a response.

Hi all,

To help clear up the confusion I wanted to lay out the situation for you.

For a while, our distributors weren't able to get our magazines overseas, this meant that subscribers anywhere other than the UK missed May and June. We have extended all of these subscribers current terms by 2 so that they receive everything they paid for.

We also opened up the digital archives so that the May and June issues could still be read (and all other years). This is only available through this website - not pocketmags - (ensuring that you have your current subscriber number saved into your profile) click on magazines at the top of the page and then RCM&E. This has been automatically turned on for all overseas subscribers.

Posting resumed with the July issue, although I am finding it's taking longer than normal to reach you and it hasn't been uncommon for it to take 3-4 weeks to reach US/Australia. 

MrWood - I have PMed you separately to look into your subscription.

If anyone has any other queries in regard to this, please email me [email protected] and I will reply as soon as I can.

Beth

Edited By Beth Ashby Moderator on 13/08/2020 15:41:57

As I live in Switzerland I also had the break in the delivery of the printed magazine. But I decided to take what's offered, i.e. the subscription extension, and just order the two missing issues from mags.uk. Worked perfectly, my collection of plans is complete, and I'm happy I'm getting printed RCME's again.

Lorenz

I haven't recieved any magazines since the Corona-crisis broke out. I would .like to recieve outstanding issues en block as soon as the situation is back to normal. Furthermore I have not recieved renewal request for my sibscription either. I would like to continue my subscription, so I wonder when / if The renewall will be sent me.

Edited By Soeren Schmidt on 15/08/2020 15:46:59

• 1 month later...
Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 13/08/2020 15:40:20:

Hi all,

For a while, our distributors weren't able to get our magazines overseas, this meant that subscribers anywhere other than the UK missed May and June. We have extended all of these subscribers current terms by 2 so that they receive everything they paid for.

We also opened up the digital archives so that the May and June issues could still be read (and all other years). This is only available through this website - not pocketmags - (ensuring that you have your current subscriber number saved into your profile) click on magazines at the top of the page and then RCM&E. This has been automatically turned on for all overseas subscribers.

Posting resumed with the July issue, although I am finding it's taking longer than normal to reach you and it hasn't been uncommon for it to take 3-4 weeks to reach US/Australia.

If anyone has any other queries in regard to this, please email me [email protected] and I will reply as soon as I can.

Beth

I find it highly annoying to have to find this on the forum. This should have been emailed to people outside the UK. I was waiting for the backlog of issues to arrive at my doorstep at some point. Time to start emailing again.

(I've never had a response on any email send their way)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I urge any international subscribers to check your account. My subscription normally expires in October and sure enough the other day I received an email from Mytimemedia stating that my subscription was coming to an end. I then logged in to here to and one page says my subscription will expire in October as normal yet another page says it is to expire in December.

I'm not sure which page to believe so I have emailed Beth Ashby from Mytimemedia to look in to it. Hopefully the company (Not Beth haha) don't stuff this one up too.

Posted by Minze Zwerver on 16/09/2020 08:54:51:
Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 13/08/2020 15:40:20:

Hi all,

Beth

I find it highly annoying to have to find this on the forum. This should have been emailed to people outside the UK. I was waiting for the backlog of issues to arrive at my doorstep at some point. Time to start emailing again.

(I've never had a response on any email send their way)

Hi Minze,

An email went out to you when the posting was paused to let everyone know. I'm sorry that you didn't receive it, it does occasionally go straight into junk boxes. Please email me directly, that way, you'll definitely get a reply. [email protected]

Glenn, I've just seen your email - I'm on it!

Beth