Light Relief

Capt Kremen

For anyone wishing a little light relief radio listening and a break from the current sadness reported in the news, may I recommend internet radio.

As most of our community here are of a mature age, you will likely have grown up with the likes of: 'Dads Army', 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue', 'Navy Lark', 'Likely Lads', 'Les Dawson', 'Our Brave Boys' , 'Just A Minute' etc. etc. ALL these and many, many more are available to stream 24/7, on several UK Internet Stations:

'Abacus Comedy Radio' , 'British Comedy Radio', 'Pumpkin FM Comedy Radio'

Enjoy

Keep Safe, Keep Well, Keep Smiling Folks

Advert

Hi All,

If you haven't listened the BBC radio dramatisation of Len Deighton's book Bomber about the last flight of Lancaster O oranges in 1943, a radio epic of the early ninties, narrated by Tom Baker and starring Samuel West, told from both sides of the conflict, very moving, it's On YouTube.

It's a classic, and you can build at the same time 😀

Regards Ray

I’ve been binge reading Jack Higgins “Sean Dillon” Books. What’s funny from a flying point of view is that he has it in his head that 500 ft is dangerously low and there are several incidents where he causes an opponent to crash by a sudden manoeuvre at that height and the baddy fails to miss the ground. Strange really that’s the height light aircraft often turn onto finals at and most seem to survive the manoeuvre quite well 🤡

oh, and even in 2016 most of the heroes drive Mini Coopers and always have a Colt 25 with hollow point ammo concealed on their person. They are still a good way to pass a boring evening though and I’ve run out of Biggles books for now 🤓

To pass the time I've been browsing YouTube. At first for clips related to model and full size flying, then as you do straying into classic rock and motoring which led me into Jay Leno`s garage. Jay is a US chat show host and car enthusiast with many restored classic cars and a few motorbikes. He describes vehicles and bikes in detail then takes them out for a drive. Not all are American, he's featured a 1964 Triumph Bonneville and a 1963 Jaguar E Type (XK-E over there). My wife watches Belgravia while I sit with the iPad and headphones watching YouTube.

Some good modelling related stuff here **LINK**

Look for the Dave Platt interview.

Shame they haven't done much new for a couple of years but some interesting pieces from their archive going back some time. A lot of good full size warbird coverage on the main site as well.

If you are tired of living under house arrest, here's something to amuse you. I have been known to perform at open mike nights. Several local musos have been putting videos of themselves on a well-known social media site, presumably using their Smartphones. I'm such a Luddite that my mobile phone is the dumbest of the dumb phones, it won't even work as a camera, so I can't participate and while I'm (in)famous for singing serious and sad songs, John Gregory, a retired English firefighter, sings the most witty songs imaginable. For some reason most of these postings make the musicians look as if they're left handed when they're not!

**LINK**