SPACE X LAUNCH

David Hazell 1

Advert

Just watched the launch on PC. Impressive the way they get the first stage to re-enter and land on a ship at sea. I presume to be used again for another launch.

Everything gone smooth so far and connects to the ISS sometime Sunday.

Edited By John Wagg on 30/05/2020 20:58:34

Seen the transmissions from the Dragon capsule in space and one can see they have quite a bit of room inside unlike the Apollo capsule.

Not long after the Apollo 10 capsule went on display in the science museum I went for a look see. As there was no one around I stepped over the rope devil and put my upper body in through the hatch. Amazed by how little room the three astronauts had to work, live and do the normal things humans have to do for over a week on the way to the moon and back.

As I think I've mentioned before, I've been following space flight since a young boy back in the mid 60s, and what we're seeing now with SpaceX is really the stuff that we dreamed of back in the day. What's been achieved by a private company in such a short time is little short of amazing. Elon Musk is an odd character - I'm not at all sure of what to make of him personally, but his individual & unique style does seems to be working. yes A fortune of 32 billion dollars (Wikipedia) is also handy as well.............wonder if he likes aeromodelling?wink

Another good programme about our rocketry here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW5X8dhxA_8

Ultimately, a sad tale that's been repeated time and time again when we've passed up our involvement in much cutting edge technology and allowed the unimaginative 'bean counters' to rule the roost.................

Notice how many Brits often crop up on documentaries on the Apollo programme - 'the brain drain', and who could blame them.

Edited By Cuban8 on 31/05/2020 10:54:19

The first stage did land back on it's platform, unfortunately for some reason the platform camera cut out just before touchdown. It came back on line moments later to show the rocket on the platform still venting hot gasses .