RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI

Advert

Hi, Guys, Now that printers no longer use litho, a possible source is art schools.

I remember in Aberdeen, where I worked, they had a huge pile of the stuff. I'll have a look and see if I've any left in my workshop

Its not that easy to work, especially when there is double curvature.. Mick Reeves, sells a sticky backed aluminium, which looks like a good alternative

ernie

Hi All

Looking forward to the build start.

Thinking about making my own wheels for this build. Foam tyres and ply discs.

I understand there is a good article on the subject in Radio Control Model Flyer from the UK
starting with issue Jan 2009 - it was a 6 part article.

Would anybody have access to these magazines ?

cheers

Martin

Here's some good news for the project - or at least, I believe it's so!

A few years ago, Greg Thompson created some excellent scale drawings of aircraft instrument panels to which I provided a descriptive text, the result being published in RCM&E. Greg has agreed to create a panel for the Fury and our nice friendly editor, Graham Ashby, has agreed to publish. So keep your eye on RCM&E for the result.

Tony B has produced a rather nice 3D printed instrument panel, including bezels, so with Greg's artwork, you now have no excuse not to decorate the cockpit of your Fury!

That is excellent news Andy, I will look forward to that I remember you doing a series of them a few years back, thoroughly enjoyed a bit of full size, especially from somebody that has flown most of these rare beasts.

Really intrigued to hear how, according to a recent FB post, you missed Wales in a Buccaneer!! But that may be for a private conversation

Posted by Ken Lighten on 14/09/2018 14:33:18:

Posted by Martian on 12/09/2018 13:39:25:

Anybody who can bear to part with a couple of sheets paid of course I would love to add this as a skill , I am constantly checking e-bay but not at the right time it would seem

I’ve sent you a PM Martin

Ken

Thank you Ken

Shaping Ali to compound curves is easily done by stroking it with light to moderate pressure using the back and handle of spoons.If annealed first go easy as it is easy to tear if you are heavy handed with it. I used to inscribe ships, planes & horses heads an so on into tobacco tin lids from the inside. I'm no artist but peeps seemed to like them.Print was removed first. You could try this as practice for the Litho plate. I would say use tin for the cowl but might be a bit too heavy. Anyway practise on off cuts first.